Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #21 
Pixielator

I guess I could just use the cotton swab method for putting a really small amount of salt in. But still, does it matter how often I do it or how long I leave it in?
Pixielator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #22 
Pixielator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Ropefish will swim in the top half of the tank and some even like sitting on land. They will eat anything that fits in their mouth, you basically provided feeders to it.. They also like groups.

Anyways, you don't have room for catfish, unless your sorority is stocked lightly with 4 girls. IF you plant it I think the cories could live there.

Not to rain on everyone's parade, but there are adorable plecos that stay under 2" but they need very specialized care. ^-^ (freaky fish moment!)
Posted via Mobile Device
I was looking at those online, but now I can't remember what they're called. Do you know what they're called so that I can look them up again?
Pixielator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #23 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Here's my blog post on them:
http://freakishfish.tumblr.com/post/...omething-small
The water temperature is perfect for a betta, I don't know about hardness of 1-3dH. Plus these things are expensive. @__@
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #24 
LittleBettaFish

Haha I was going to say I am pretty sure the really small species of pleco are fairly expensive.

I also found plecos to be insanely boring. I am babysitting my brother's 5 inch bristlenose pleco and all it does all day is stay hidden under a piece of wood. I wouldn't even know there was a pleco in there if it wasn't for the sheer amount of waste it and my brother's other catfish produce.

I still would think a small species of corydoras in the 10 gallon would be your best bet. At least you see them most of the time and they are quite entertaining to watch.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #25 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yes. I'm sure there are other species of Nannoptopoma, that's a new species. All in all I think all of them are rare though.

Catfish.. yes, they are very boring. I love the things so I'm biased, but most of the joy of a catfish is simply from knowing it's somewhere in your tank hiding. A happy catfish is one you can't see! I don't even see my cories too often (never all at once) but people seem to have different luck with that. My cories just have too many hiding places and use them very well.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:07 AM   #26 
Shirleythebetta

My cories stay hidden too. I didn't know there was a Pleco that stayed that small. I am going to check them out. I love Pleco's. Thanks for the information. I appreciate that.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote