(The first one in the last pic is unfinished, it needs to be smoothed out, but the other 3 are ready!)
These are made from the left-over pieces of folding cutting boards
, which I use for dividers. I picked up 3 boards for 4 bucks at Big Lots. They cut really easy, too!
The suction cups are from paddles my daughter got last Christmas. One broke, so she started pulling the suction cups off to use on her mirror and for various crafts. I scrubbed the ones I used then boiled them.
And aquarium safe silicon to hold it together.
I just cut the leaf shapes, scoured the center to fold them up, put a few cuts in the "stem" and folded them at the tips, so the silicon would hold better, filled the back of the suction cups with silicon and pressed the "stem" in. The tips where rounded off and I checked the sides to make sure there were no jagged areas. They took like 5 mins each to make and sat for 2 days before I put them in the tanks.
All of my boys have them and they ALL use them, some more then others. The boy in my pic, Robin, has made the whole thing worth while. His fins are far too extensive and he uses his 2 hammocks (one on the front of his tank, one on the back wall) all the time. And really I made the whole thing from scraps and stuff I already had, so it was pretty much free.