Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #1 
Thrifty Bee

Anyone Ever Order Live Plants From Ebay?

I've been hunting for affordable Java Moss or Moss Balls and finally found both on Ebay, some with free shipping.

But I've never ordered anything from Ebay before. Have any of you guys ordered live plants from there before? What do you think?
Thrifty Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #2 
MissLyss1024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrifty Bee View Post
I've been hunting for affordable Java Moss or Moss Balls and finally found both on Ebay, some with free shipping.

But I've never ordered anything from Ebay before. Have any of you guys ordered live plants from there before? What do you think?
I've ordered all my plants from ebay! I ordered Java Fern and Anubias, but they won't be in for a few weeks. I've gotten hairgrass and java fern from Singapore. They all seem to be doing fine and are growing already!
MissLyss1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #3 
MissLyss1024

Also, I came across this site that looks pretty good. Shipping is reasonable. I plan on ordering from here in the future.
http://www.bamaplants.com/

The only problem I can see with buying plants from ebay is most of the ones I was looking for are from outside the U.S. For some, it took 2 weeks to get them. The other ones I ordered will take a month.
MissLyss1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #4 
Aus

Don't buy from the guy from Taiwan with all the plants.

1. He's dishonest -- says he can ship to any country, but is actually a smuggler who tries to get past quarantine laws by marking the package 'soft toy'. (I live in Australia.. he knows darned well that what he's doing is illegal.. and now, so do I.. :\ )

2. Really terrible customer service if anything goes wrong.

3. The one plant that -did- make it through customs was absolutely dead moss, attached to a hunk of steel mesh so sharp I wouldn't put it in my tank at all.

Horrible experience, though it was a short, sharp lesson in customs laws and reading customer reviews..
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #5 
Firefly85

I have from Mikeswetpets, he was great and the plants all arrived healthy. however if you don't want pond snails then you might want to dip your plants. if you buy from him. i was very satisfied with my order i plan on ordering from him again.
Firefly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #6 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

I got my Moss Balls from ebay they are small but nice and been in my tank almost two weeks now and still looking great very green I love them they feel like velvet !
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:22 AM   #7 
deso

I ordered some Fissidens Fontanus moss from a seller in the UK. It got here within 3 days and was in perfect condition. In my opinion, it's best to order from a seller within the same region. Less hassles with customs, and less of a risk that the plants will die whilst stuck there.
deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:54 AM   #8 
Ginzuishou

I've ordered moss balls only. All have been doing amazingly well after months of being in the tank.
Ginzuishou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:38 AM   #9 
AngelicScars

I have. The couple of live plants I've bought have been through EBay. Though I've had to wait a little while for them to get here, they always get here in great shape.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #10 
Thrifty Bee

Aus, can you PM me the name of the dishonest seller on Ebay that I should avoid? There appears to be several selling moss from that country.

Also, anyone; when moss comes in bags like the one that says 3 10x15 cm bags, are the bags a sort of mesh bag that the moss is growing through or solid bags just for the purpose of measuring and holding loose moss?
Thrifty Bee is offline   Reply With Quote