Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2008, 06:05 PM   #1 
tyonekura

Betta Color

Currently I have three Bettas. The colors of these Bettas seem to darken and brighten the longer that I have them. The newest one I got because he was an off-white color so pale that I can see his innereds. I had never seen one this color.

Does anyone know if Betta color devolops over time? I have heard that the lighter the color the younger the fish, and with age comes more color. Is this true?
tyonekura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:34 PM   #2 
tangy

I can tell u from my own experience that bettas change color every so often. My old betta was blue and black at the start, grew a red ghue at the belly later on, and eventualy came out a dark purple body in the end(this was thru a long period of time) Im no betta expert but thats my experience. I am shure some people have gone thru the same thing.
tangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:42 PM   #3 
Lindsey88

Your betta most likely will stay white. There are white/transparent colored bettas. IMO they are beautiful and I would love to have one next.
http://www.greatwhitebetta.com/image...eryimage06.jpg
Lindsey88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:50 AM   #4 
MegK

my yellow female gets black stripes sometimes, only when she is thinking about eggs...
MegK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:16 PM   #5 
Falina

bettas change colour depending on mood and temperature. If the colours become brighter then it is either temperature related, or he is a lot happier now. My old betta changed from blue/purple to almost red when I got him because he was kept at a higher temperature, and had a more suitable environment.

I'm not sure a white betta would change much, simply because there isn't much colour there to start with, though he may develop some yellowness, which one of mine did. I personally think they're beautiful though. :)
Falina is offline   Reply With Quote