Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #11 
chicagojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
What does his poo look like? And if there are no visible problems, you shouldn't treat him. He might even get worse.
The poo is normal brown color, maybe a little more stringy and less ball-like than usual, but it is not white and does not have any whitish or clear film on it.
chicagojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #12 
chicagojo

Ok, I am trying to figure out the video now...
Old 08-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #13 
lelei

If vid is too complicated, just do a picture..and put in your Avitar, or in the Go advanced and attach it there..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #14 
chicagojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
If vid is too complicated, just do a picture..and put in your Avitar, or in the Go advanced and attach it there..
I think I can get the video...it's just that for some reason I can't upload it directly from my phone to YouTube so I am waiting for it to upload to my computer so I can post it from there...I have one of him just hanging out still and one of him swimming around...hopefully to be posted soon...
Old 08-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #15 
chicagojo

http://youtu.be/qKKqDMc1SNI This is the link to him just hanging out still.

http://youtu.be/sBcDqFcsFMQ And this is the one of him swimming

I should add, his normal color is pretty much the very pale orange you see. His body is pretty translucent - you can actually see through to his insides...
Old 08-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #16 
LebronTheBetta

His fins are clamped... :/ He looks thin as well. How different was the new water's temperature compared to the tank water? Either this, or something's wrong with the parameters. Check at a pet store to see if they could test it for you. Make sure they use a LIQUID test kit and ask for the exact ppm.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #17 
chicagojo

Ok, I will check if our LPS is still open and see if they can check the parameters.

If they have closed (it is after 5:00 here) do you think I should do a water change with very slow, gradual acclimation?

This started before the water change, but when I changed the water the temp was the same (78 degrees) as the tank water.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #18 
LebronTheBetta

Hm... If you're supposed to do a scheduled water change then do it. I don't suggest doing 100% changes when Bettas are ill or stressed, it adds to that.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #19 
chicagojo

No, he is not due for a water change. He was due for a 50% yesterday, which I did, and is not due for the 100% until Sunday.

The LPS is open until 7:00. I just have to get myself and 3 kids out of the house to make it there by then...
Old 08-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #20 
LebronTheBetta

Oh, OK. I don't suggest a water change today. But if it's an ammonia problem, then do one. It's 6:34pm for me.