Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-05-2012, 11:52 PM   #1 
Talen

My Betta

Here is my betta, I am not sure what to call his color but he earned his name Spot because of the spots. Can I mention that he shimmers green when in light or moving.

I was just looking through the Betta at wallmart which were all your typical red and blue ones. Found him clear at the back all by himself, like he was forgotten about.
Talen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:58 PM   #2 
CandiceMM

What a healthy looking VT! He is so beautiful, do you have a name picked out for him yet? I am not the greatest on color but I would say Dalmatian or marble? I'm sure somebody with more color knowledge can help you. Welcome to the forum and can't wait to see more pictures.
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:03 AM   #3 
Talen

I think of him as a lucky find. I truly was not in the market for another betta but ended up with him. I didn't realized that he shimmered green until I got him home and into his tank. Most of his body is lighter than the pictures make it out to be. The first one is the most true of his color. And he only cost me $4 which is a whole lot less than any of the pet stores around here want for a VT.

I call him Spot because of his random spots, lol. He is very active and loves to make those little bubbles. Sometimes he gets down into the corner of his tank, wiggles around or twitches. So much fun to watch him.

Last edited by Talen; 09-06-2012 at 12:07 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:06 AM   #4 
CandiceMM

Yeah I noticed the impressive bubbles!! Well he was a good find, he is VERY PRETTY! How many other Betta's do you have?
Old 09-06-2012, 12:11 AM   #5 
Talen

Right now he is my only one. I had a blue/purple vt a while back that was a gift from my roommate but he passed away after a year. I am thinking about getting another one if I can find another good find like him. A few years back, I had four of them. I just don't have that much room currently or else I would have more.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:17 AM   #6 
CandiceMM

Well welcome back to Betta world!! I bet in a month you will have at least 2 more lol!!! The Betta bug bites hard and being on this wonderful forum doesn't help lol. I have over 40 Betta's and I love them all! Some are in the re-homing process but my permanent guys are very spoiled and loved.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:24 AM   #7 
Talen

Oh I am sure it will bite me rather hard. I am already finding myself wanting another one if I can find one that stands out to me again. Wow, I wish I had that kind room for all those bettas. 40 is sure a lot of them. I think my roommate would kill me if I ended up with more than 2. And my puppy dog would be rather jealous, lol.

I know what you mean by spoiled, I barely had my little guy for two weeks and he is a spoiled little bugger. I am in the process of looking for a bigger tank for him. Right now I got a little 1.5 gallon which he seems happy in but I want something a little more special.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:31 AM   #8 
CandiceMM

Anything is better than a cup and if you do the proper care on a small tank like that I am sure he is as happy as can be! Here is an idea take your roomate with you to pick out a new one and see if he/she gets the Betta bug with you :)
Old 09-06-2012, 08:12 AM   #9 
BettaLover223

I have to agree with Candice I am 99% sure that he is what others call a Dalmation because of his spots. Couple weeks ago I saw a guy just like him in Petsmart and he was in the way back as well. But I am so jealous he is so pretty! I can only have two bettas right now in my dorm room because I don't have a lot of room for them haha.
BettaLover223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #10 
registereduser

Very pretty! I bet his spots will get bigger and he will get more spots as he gets older!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote