Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-17-2012, 08:42 PM   #71 
Kelly0727

September 17, 2012

Whew! Ok, so my little fry have actually been going through a rough couple days because their routine has been messed up due to so much family excitement. My sister in law was taken into the hospital yesterday because her blood pressure kept spiking and feared it would harm the baby. Then they texted everyone saying that she was going to deliver today! Ahh!!!!! So not only is it my oldest nieces birthday today.. but I now have another niece born today woho!

Due to this though I am getting home very late tonight and have not been able to do a water change for the fry.. and the tank is a little dirty.. which means I gotta get a big cleaning job done tomorrow. But I was able to grab a couple pictures.. not really good ones but good enough lol.

Here is my biggest fry and second biggest behind him facing the wall.. lol:

Then here is a couple of shots I got of one swimming along the side of the tank:

According to a betta growth chart that I found..

http://www.bettatalk.com/fry_growth.htm

The biggest fry is around 4 weeks.. almost the size of 5 weeks which is perfect! The others on the other hand is the size of 3 weeks.. so they are a little bit behind.. as long as their healthy though thats all that matters :)
Kelly0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:18 AM   #72 
marktrc

Looks.good. happy for you. :)
marktrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #73 
tpocicat

I'm really happy that your fry are doing well. Congratulations on the new niece!
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #74 
Kelly0727

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktrc View Post
Looks.good. happy for you. :)
Thank you :)
Old 09-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #75 
Kelly0727

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpocicat View Post
I'm really happy that your fry are doing well. Congratulations on the new niece!
Thank you :)
Old 09-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #76 
Kelly0727

September 22, 2012

So the fry are now 6 weeks old!(I had to go back and count because I lost track haha) I have a total of 9 fry and they just got their first taste of bbs this morning. I was hoping to get them a bit more active and off the bottom of the tank.. but that didnt exactly happen. So I might buy some extra plants to put in there this weekend (along with hopefully my snail ive been waiting for since forever!) and see if that will help. But they LOVED the bbs after they figured out it was food lol

My biggest fry seems to be taking after daddy having a powder white body (until he gets older.. and the blue randomly appears!) then we have the second biggest who is showing a dark line along the top of his body. I would say it's blue but he wont get close enough for me to get a good look.. All the others still have a clear body with an orange belly. But they are also smaller so I figured once they get bigger the color will come in.

Also I'm planning to get a new heater and will be switching the fry to another 10 gallon so I wont have to worry about all the scum that built up on the bottom of the one they are in now. So thats going to be well... ok thats going to be scarry for me since it'll be my first time moving them. Tips are always appreciated!
Old 09-27-2012, 02:59 AM   #77 
marktrc

How'd the move go?
Old 09-27-2012, 04:28 AM   #78 
Kelly0727

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktrc View Post
How'd the move go?
Sadly it never happened. Almost all the fry got SBD so I had to fast them for a few days.. 2 fully recovered and the rest are slowly progressing..
Old 09-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #79 
marktrc

Aw.. 2 of mine had sbd. When I feed them they would not be able to sink or they would not be able to float. After an hour they were normal. Then 2 weeks later they don't have sbd at all even if I over feed them.

I hope your will recover too.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #80 
Kelly0727

Sadly I dont think some of mine will recover. I have 2 that dont have sbd, two that has a mild case of it, and then the rest of them are belly sliding 24/7.

But on the bright side two of them are developing color! I was surprised to see that they both have red on them. Grizzle didnt get red until he matured... In fact he didnt have red until a month or two after I got him!