Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #1 
blue moon

Exclamation fin again fast answer ><

ok so i left for 2 days and i come back to find that my fish's fin is worse and i think he made a bubble nest and his still making angry faces at the filter and going past the filter a lot what should i do turn off the filter or is he just bored all i have is a cup and a plant for now ???
Attached Images

blue moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:42 PM   #2 
DragonFish

If your filter intake isn't covered, its very likely his finds got caught in it and got ripped up. He also could have just bitten himself silly for some reason, or maybe a little of both. Its hard to say which exactly.

Cover your filter intake with a bit of panty-hose and a rubber band or some filter sponge if you haven't already and just keep up with your water changes and watch his fins to make sure fin rot doesn't set it.
It also certainly wouldn't hurt to add in a few more plants for him to swim around and hide in either when you can. Bettas come from a densely-planted natural environment, they feel a little more secure when they have a decent amount of cover.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote