Betta Fish Forum banner

Need some advice on bettafix

895 views 19 replies 3 participants last post by  finnfinnfriend 
#1 ·
Just picked a bottle of this stuff at petco ,the bottle says half a teaspoon per gallon ,it says to use this amount for 7 days and to change the water on the 7th day,that sounds to long to go without a water change to me.

#2 ·
Bettafix is not recommended. Actually anything with -fix is not recommended. They all contain tea tree oil and that can damage their labyrinth organ.

#4 ·
Thanks i should of asked here first ,i saw so many good reviews on the petco and amazon site, so i went and purchased it.To late to return it i just used some today , i will try it out for a couple of more days and see how he is doing ,i wont purchase it again now that i know.

#5 ·
I noticed a split in his rear fin and a small piece missing and he is starting to look a little frayed in some areas,other than that he eats fine and is active soon as i go over to him he comes looking for food.I have another post with a pic on this i think i may have done it by small temp fluctuations by turning on the ac.I have moved him to another part of the room on the suggestion from another member here on this site and i keep the ac running much lower .

#10 ·
I guess i will stop using it you got me woried now is it okay to just leave the dose i just put in there, i just changed his water today i also add api stress coat + that i bought yesterday hoping that it would also help ,i did not need it i already have prime but i read that the api + would help with the fins problem and stress..

#13 ·
Okay then you are doing enough water change....maybe throw it one extra for a few weeks and use stresscoat every time until he looks better

#17 ·
Oh yeah and you don't need to use the stresscoat after he is better if you have a different conditioner that you like to use, but you can keep using it...It doesn't matter...

#20 ·
That's good. I have Prime and I recommend it. I also have stresscoat+ on hand for when he tears a fin or something like that...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.