View Poll Results: Best place to Buy a Betta
Petsmart 1 8.33%
Petco 10 83.33%
Pet Supplies Plus 0 0%
Other chain store 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #1 
ccam7591

Smile A few more questions: Please answer!!! :)

Hello again! So last night, I posted a thread entitled: Soon to be New Betta Owner: Please Help! I thank LebronTheBetta for posting an answer less than 5 minutes after I actully completed the thread. You Rock! Anyone else who would like to post, please do! Well, this morning, I came up with a few more questions to ask. Any answers are appricieated!!
So question No. 1 is, where is the best place to buy a betta? I don't think I can buy online, so if there are any stores you recommend, please post them. Wherever has the healthiest bettas, in your opinion. I may do a poll later on, but I'm going to just leave it like this for now.
The second question is what do you feed your betta? I have an idea on how to do so, but I like having many different opinions. Please include what you feed it and the brand.
Thanks so much to anyone who answers! You guys are great!!
-CCam
ccam7591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #2 
bananasammy8

Each location is different in caring for bettas, so i guess to find out who has the best conditions, go to some fish stores around you and pick the one with best conditions.
For me Petco has the best conditions.
Hope it helps!
bananasammy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #3 
ccam7591

Thanks alot... I found Petco had good conditions also. :)
Old 08-18-2012, 07:51 PM   #4 
bettaluvinmom64

Smile here Petsmart is really good

Here in Spartanburg,SC our Petsmart is the best.They have plenty of water that is conditioned in the cups and the help know about the bettas too.I feed my bettas live Mosquito Larvae and Betta bites pellets.
bettaluvinmom64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:12 PM   #5 
Bettanewbie60

I like how Pet Supplies Plus cares for their bettas, but I think they are just down South. I feed Omega one betta buffet pellets...my bettas love em! I give 3 in the morning and 2 in the evening.
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #6 
LebronTheBetta

My pleasure, ccam. :) I can answer these as well, but value everyone's opinion.

My LFS actually takes the best care IMO. I'm afraid I can't tell you any opinions on chain stores. I bought Lebron in Petsmart, but the care was obviously not that great. He had fin rot, so I don't think Petsmart is that great. You have to look around your area, all stores vary. My LFS is called "TROPICAL FISH AQUARIUM SHOWCASE". That's what it says. They have the best fish in town. ;) For food, I feed Lebron New Life Spectrum Betta Formula for staple, I feed him tropical flakes every other day, and FD Bloodworms at the weekends. I fast on Mondays so all the worms won't make him fat. ;) The key in feeding is variety so they won't get bored and get different nutrients each time.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:17 AM   #7 
ccam7591

Interesting... Thanks everybody!! :)
Old 08-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #8 
shellieca
Reference Team

So glad that you are taking the time ask questions before you get your Betta, some of us just jumped in & then asked questions later. I have bought Bettas at Petsmart & Petco. Depending on which one I go to & on what day makes a difference in what I see as far as Betta care. As suggested you'll have to visit the stores near you & evaluate for yourself. All of my Bettas are fed Top Fin Betta Bits & none have rejected them. They also get fed Hikari frozen blood worms & Brine Shrimp once each week.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:26 AM   #9 
ccam7591

Great, thanks for the info!
Old 08-19-2012, 08:34 AM   #10 
ccam7591

Hello again, so I decided to post a poll on this thread. If you decide to take it, and your answer is other chain store, please mention the name. Thanks a lot!
-CCam