Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #11 
Catie79

I haven't updated this in ages, so I'll add some pics. I've made some big changes.

Big overhaul with new substrate and new plants. It's now Eco-complete and an LED light fixture. I'm also running CO2. I was having circulation problems with the divider so I did the completely reasonable thing. No, I didn't buy a second filter, I got a 20 gallon that Fly now shares with some dwarf cories and least killifish. Lucky now has the 10 gallon to share with the 4 oto catfish as his janitorial staff.

He doesn't seem to mind. The tank has really changed into something I'm quite proud of, and Lucky is the perfect accent to all of my work getting the plants to grow. He's now the king of a 10 gallon castle.

Catie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #12 
Aluka

awesome =) i'm waiting for my plants to grow in and make mine a jungle too!
Aluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:34 AM   #13 
SageMyster

Very pretty!
SageMyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #14 
VJM

Gorgeous! How are you finding running the CO2? All the tanks I love use it, but it is a little intimidating.

Nice to see bettas well taken care of, in a natural environment.
VJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #15 
Catie79

The CO2 is more straightforward than I thought. I have a paintball set up. I have the paintball canister, an adapter I got off Amazon, a standard CO2 regulator, and a cheapy ceramic diffuser. I set it up to 1 bubble per second which keeps my drop checker green and it's all set. I turn it off at night to keep the levels from getting too high (and to save some money on CO2 refills).

The hard part is actually managing everything else. I've got high light and CO2, now I've got to get my water parameters in line. I've got a hair algae outbreak right now that's giving me fits. I may have to turn up my CO2 a smidge and adjust my fertilization schedule.

Thanks for the compliments! Lucky really seems to enjoy all of the crypt spiralis growing in the back.
Catie79 is offline   Reply With Quote