Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #1 
zzrguy

Holly Heater Batman

Well I woke this morning went in ti look at the tanks to see if any thing was arye,and holly halibit the heater was unplug. The tank was down to 64 Ready Freddy was chipper as usual but Shrimpy was hideing. I plug the heater back in and now the waiting game.

So what is the best temp to keep a betta at the old heater would get too hot up to 86 that was a10watt the new is a deep blue pro 7.5watt.

Last edited by zzrguy; 08-18-2012 at 09:40 AM.
zzrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:50 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

I keep my inside tanks for my adult Bettas at about 75-76F. The spawning and fry tanks at 80F.

Outside the water is usually in the upper 90'sF to 100'sF and when it rains or I top them off with well water from the hose-It may drop to upper 70's-80'sF more or less.

A good range for healthy adults 76-80F, with that said, they generally will tolerate higher and lower temps and often you will have temp that vary at different levels and under things-Plus you can have gradual temp changes from day-night and with the lights on-off that are tolerated by a healthy Betta. The gradual temp changes are usually not problematic-its the sudden extreme changes that can sometimes stress and that can compromise the immune response.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:17 AM   #3 
zzrguy

Tanks OFL I'll update on the temp sunday
zzrguy is offline   Reply With Quote