Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-19-2012, 10:07 AM   #1 
wombatgirl

No one told me betta fish were like potato chips

in that you can't have only one!

Hi! I'm new here. I've currently got three bettas - one white halfmoon in a small aquarium, one chocolate veil tail in a 3 gallon bowl, and a red and blue crown tail in a small hospital tank because he's doing poorly.

I'm both new to betta raising and not - I've had a number of betta over the years, but I hate to admit it - I haven't done really well by them. I had a number I had in bowls with no heating in cold rooms, and other not-very-nice things. But the fish lived for a few years, and were lovely little fish. Now that I've decided I want to get back into it, I did my research, and I've been trying to get the little guys I pick up a MUCH better life.

I'm not really interested in breeding bettas, but I really like having them around for their personalities and their aesthetic value; they're really fun and pretty little pets.

Nice to meet y'all!
wombatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #2 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatgirl View Post
in that you can't have only one!

Hi! I'm new here. I've currently got three bettas - one white halfmoon in a small aquarium, one chocolate veil tail in a 3 gallon bowl, and a red and blue crown tail in a small hospital tank because he's doing poorly.

I'm both new to betta raising and not - I've had a number of betta over the years, but I hate to admit it - I haven't done really well by them. I had a number I had in bowls with no heating in cold rooms, and other not-very-nice things. But the fish lived for a few years, and were lovely little fish. Now that I've decided I want to get back into it, I did my research, and I've been trying to get the little guys I pick up a MUCH better life.

I'm not really interested in breeding bettas, but I really like having them around for their personalities and their aesthetic value; they're really fun and pretty little pets.

Nice to meet y'all!
Hey Girl...nice to meet you too! I know what you mean, "bettas are like potato chips" lol...I started with my first betta back in June...I now have 5! I have a very hard time coming home from the pet store empty handed. My husband has said, "Enough"...well, he said that after 2 ha ha ha...welcome to the forum~
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:40 AM   #3 
registereduser

I know, right?!!!!!!!

I remember a thread I answered on here last winter the title was something like "what's your limit" regarding bettas. My answer was ONE.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I now have a 5 gallon and a 6 gallon each with a male and a sorority with 9 girls and I am going to be getting more and this winter I want to start RESCUING bettas from WalMart, etc. if I can get them for free : shock:

My family thinks I am crazy. At least it has stopped me from collecting cats
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #4 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
I know, right?!!!!!!!

I remember a thread I answered on here last winter the title was something like "what's your limit" regarding bettas. My answer was ONE.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I now have a 5 gallon and a 6 gallon each with a male and a sorority with 9 girls and I am going to be getting more and this winter I want to start RESCUING bettas from WalMart, etc. if I can get them for free : shock:

My family thinks I am crazy. At least it has stopped me from collecting cats
Ha ha ha!! I now have three rescued dogs, so, yeah, it's not cats! Okay, I have one feral cat that adopted ME and lives on my porch. Funny my lease originally said "no indoor pets" lol..the landlord loves me though! He let me have my first dog inside..then let me adopt the second one last year..and then LEO two weeks ago! I love my animals.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #5 
wombatgirl

Good to know I'm not alone! :)

I just am so lucky the hubby hasn't gotten grumpy yet. Probably because I do all fish care, where as he tends to get stuck with the furry pet care.
wombatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #6 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatgirl View Post
Good to know I'm not alone! :)

I just am so lucky the hubby hasn't gotten grumpy yet. Probably because I do all fish care, where as he tends to get stuck with the furry pet care.
Yeah, my hubby just kind of laughs and shakes his head...I honestly think my "save the animals" mentality is one of the things he really loves about me lol! He is working two jobs right now, so all of the animal care is mine, but I love it.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:41 AM   #7 
inareverie85

I am warning you! I started with one Wal-mart Veilteil but now...

I have a whole bedroom in my house for fish. I have tables and tables in there and over 30 fish each in their own tank. I am up there doing water changes every day!

Oh, and I'm about to start breeding. :P

Bettas are really addictive :P
inareverie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #8 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by inareverie85 View Post

I have a whole bedroom in my house for fish. I have tables and tables in there and over 30 fish each in their own tank. I am up there doing water changes every day!

You Win!

I plan to adopt out my rescues, my house isn't big enough for a fish room
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #9 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Hi, welcome to the forum. No point in warning you about the "betta bug" LOL
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #10 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by inareverie85 View Post

OMG can I come to your house and do water changes? lol i love doing water changes! I only get ONE tank! Dx
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote