Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-19-2012, 11:41 PM   #1 
xXGalaxyXx

To my sorority and my lovely boys...

I lost nearly all of my betta fish in these last two weeks due to a recent spike of selenium in our local groundwater that apparently even humans aren't supposed to be drinking yet...only two of my betta's are still alive. My entire sorority got wiped out, and I lost two of my remaining four males (not to mention my loaches, gourami, and a koi as well). Now that I think of it, the early stages of this is probably what took Dizzy, Skyliner, and Galaxy as well.

To Lyric, my beautiful blue Veiltail - you were my first male in well, forever. A tiny little petco betta looking at me with those big eyes...who would have guessed that you would turn out so big and handsome and agressive! I always loved watching you flare at everyone, and you always danced for Scarlet...I'll miss you, big boy.
To Kryptonite, my turquoise Halfmoon - you were such a pretty boy, and you had such a personality! So hyper and jumpy, I'm surprised you didn't kill yourself by thinking you could fly or something. I'll miss watching you dash around, and playing with the laser pointer with you - no other fish could chase that little red dot like you!
To King, the black king betta - I didn't get to have you long, but I wish I could have. You were gorgeous, and I loved how much you danced at yourself in the mirror! I don't know where your mouth fungus suddenly came from, but I'm sorry I couldn't cure you in time. Hope you find yourself a nice female up under the rainbow bridge!
To Skylar and Rudy, the two little girls who were the only survivors of a failed sorority - you girls were just adorable, and Rudy was so pretty with her red marbled head. Again, I wish I could have known you longer, but I loved watching you both swim around and sleep together in your little cave. Grow big and strong for me, sweets!
To Kona, my pretty lady who started out as a cute little fry in a cup - I'll definitely miss you, pretty girl. You marbled out so nicely from when you were that cute, hyper little cambodian in a cup, and I loved watching you show off those pretty blue fins. I definitely wish I could have bred you - you would have had such gorgeous fry!
To Lyra, Skittles and Truffle, the three troublesome sisters - You guys would have been the end of me, but I still loved you. Skittles, you were gorgeous with those candy colored fins. Lyra, you always matched the gravel perfectly - but I loved those turquoise scales. And Truffle, your pink and black colors were so unique, and I loved your long tail compared to the rest of the girls. Now, if only you three would have stopped picking on the other fish...
To Rosalie, Bella, and Alice, the 'Twilight girls' - my gosh, you girls were gorgeous, and so full of personality! Rosalie, you turned so pretty compared to the little pink thing I bought in petco...your pink body and lavender fins stood out against the tank, and not to mention how cute you looked trying to flare at everyone else. Alice, you grew so big and strong, and your purple really stood out. I loved watching you try to hide under the gravel, and chasing the laser pointer around. And Bella, my little blue runt, you always held on strong despite your size and always kept those colors shining. I'll miss you three, and the look on my friends faces when they learn your names!

I'll miss you all so much <3 I hope you guys and gals find somewhere under the rainbow bridge to be happy, and that you wait for me and never forget me.

Last edited by xXGalaxyXx; 08-19-2012 at 11:44 PM.
xXGalaxyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #2 
fishchick6485

That's very sad, and what you said is beautiful, and all of them are probably swimming happily in a better place.... S.I.P lyric, kryptonite, king, skylar, Rudy, kona, Lyra, skittles, truffle, Rosalie, Bella, and alice... They're in a better place...
fishchick6485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #3 
BettaQi

Oh no!

I am so sorry for your loss!
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #4 
Bettanewbie60

Omgosh, what a horrible thing to happen! I am so sorry for your losses...hugs!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Oh, no! I'm so sorry for your losses! RIP fishies. You will be missed very much.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote