Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #1 
vrrodriguez3

lost kitten

I found a kitten but my nana doesn't want me to keep it is it bad ii secretly take care of her?
vrrodriguez3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #2 
SpookyTooth

Personally I think so. I don't believe any animal should be kept a secret, especially if it is living with those who may not want it. Is it possible that the kitten may belong to someone else? Can you call any local animal shelters or check the newspaper in case someone has asked after a kitten matching the description of the one you found? I think it would be very responsible of you to ask around and see if the kitten has an owner I'm sure your nana would appreciate it.

As much as anything else cats need exercise and that's usually achieved by letting the cat outdoors on a very regular basis, another thing some people have done (including my sister) is keep their cats as indoor cats - I don't feel that there is anything wrong with this as long as adequate space is provided for the animal to get as much exercise as it needs and wants, I do not honestly think such space would be able to be provided if the kitten is kept in secret.

There are also lots of other things you should consider such as a good quality food and plenty of water, a litter box and kitty litter (plus training the kitten to use said litter box), cleaning the litter box, vet bills (vaccinations, spaying/neutering, unexpected events should they ever occur) and toys/scratching posts.

I believe that while cats can be ideal companions for a single person, in a family home they really need to be a family pet - no animal stays secret forever. I really think it would be great if you had a look around to see if there are any "missing" posters or adverts around, you might find you reuinite the little kitten with a distraught owner.

Last edited by SpookyTooth; 08-19-2012 at 01:08 PM.
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #3 
vrrodriguez3

I live in a tribe where strays are always around she leaves an comes back and where I'm from there are no postors for lost pets trust me.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:39 PM   #4 
registereduser

You can feed her but to really take care of her you need to spay her as soon as possible, give her shots and de-worm her periodically. If you don't you won't be doing her any favors, & she will be pregnant by 5 or 6 months of age.

If she keeps hanging around and you can't care for her properly, please bring her to a shelter or her life will be one of suffering for herself and her offspring.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #5 
vrrodriguez3

I will try but she comes and goes now
Old 08-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #6 
SpookyTooth

Ahh if the kitten just comes and goes then I don't know as though there is much you can do. If you want to give her some love then do what you think is best, if you can help maintain her health that would be even better. Please forgive my assumption when I thought you meant bringing her into your home permanently, I hope I caused no offence.
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:18 PM   #7 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrodriguez3 View Post
I will try but she comes and goes now
If you are feeding her and showing love, she will probably stay longer and longer. One of these days she may turn up with kittens, be prepared .
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote