Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-22-2012, 08:42 AM   #21 
Aus

It's probably better that she isn't getting much interaction right now - reduction of stress, even 'good' stress, is only going to help her heal.

I'm really glad her swelling is going down just with clean water. It's going to be really important to keep that water clean now with changes as OFL said, to help her avoid infections. The risk is that she already might have one (causing the swelling) but she seems like such a tough little lady - who knows, her system might just bounce back with a little good care. I sure hope so.

It'd be a good idea to pick up some plain (unscented) epsom salt just in case. Epsom salt is used to reduce swelling - sometimes it can heal a problem on its own, but if there is infection it can provide relief until treatment can be arranged.

But here's hoping she pulls through with your TLC. She really is an adorable wee fish - love the 'lipstick'!

Has she got a name yet?
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:20 PM   #22 
JenPezzotti

Thanks Kevin. I have the pellets but she won't eat them. I will not feed her for 2 days and see if I can get her to start eating them. I have a 10 gallon tank that I can set up for her but do you think a 3 or 5 gallon would be better? Thanks.
JenPezzotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #23 
JenPezzotti

Aus, thanks! I felt bad stressing her today cleaning her out. But she seems fine now. Will pick up some epsom salt just in case. I haven't named her yet. I just call her fishy right now.

Jen
JenPezzotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:30 AM   #24 
KevinPham123

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenPezzotti View Post
Thanks Kevin. I have the pellets but she won't eat them. I will not feed her for 2 days and see if I can get her to start eating them. I have a 10 gallon tank that I can set up for her but do you think a 3 or 5 gallon would be better? Thanks.
The bigger the better i'd say but its entirely up to you. A 10 gallon tank is much easier to maintain I guess as you can cycle it and that means 'less' water changes a week. But if you tight on space, the 3 or 5 gallon would be fine.

Make sure to get a heater :)
KevinPham123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #25 
Sceven

She is a cutie! And so small, keep us updated I am very interested in this little girl, does she have a name yet?
Sceven is offline   Reply With Quote