Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-21-2012, 01:57 AM   #11 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Leaf View Post
I can't measure gallons (UGH.) and I sometimes have to rely on my parents because I hate myself and I'm only 10
Remember some of us here are ages 15 and below. (Including me) Please don't say "I'm only...". If you can't get proper supplies, please don't get another fish. :/
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:18 AM   #12 
Alcemistnv

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Remember some of us here are ages 15 and below. (Including me) Please don't say "I'm only...". If you can't get proper supplies, please don't get another fish. :/

+1

Not to be rude or anything LL, but I think they just got a fish either because you kept asking for it or just wanted to give you something to do. Your parents are behaving the same way my mom used to. I don't think they're actually going to care much for you fish. That could explain why they don't want to buy anything. And as mentioned other times, they're not cheap xD

Some people would rather buy food for themselves than buy it for a fish.
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #13 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
ok... ugh, this is another: "last school year shoved back in my face" moment
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #14 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcemistnv View Post
+1

Not to be rude or anything LL, but I think they just got a fish either because you kept asking for it or just wanted to give you something to do. Your parents are behaving the same way my mom used to. I don't think they're actually going to care much for you fish. That could explain why they don't want to buy anything. And as mentioned other times, they're not cheap xD

Some people would rather buy food for themselves than buy it for a fish.
kay... I think King Dedede hates me, he always flares at me when I come near (or too near?) the tank
Old 08-21-2012, 09:49 AM   #15 
Little Leaf

do I HAVE to be writing replies at 10:49AM?!

I slept at 3:00AM last night!
Old 08-21-2012, 10:03 AM   #16 
BettaBaited

...Perhaps if you went to bed earlier... You did say you're 10, right? lol. I'm 17 & even I go to bed before 3:00...

But I agree with those above- you should be the one taking care of your bettas. I used to have rats, and when I didn't feed them, my parents wouldn't let me eat... no kidding. When they didn't have water, I couldn't have water untill I gave them some. When thier cage was dirty, I had to change it...well... actually I didn't care that much about taking showers when I was 8, so my parents grounded me to my room untill I changed the cage. That really helped me learn responsibility for my pets. I realized that they rely on me, they can't help themselves.

Best of luck with the new betta. :)
BettaBaited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #17 
Alcemistnv

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaBaited View Post
...Perhaps if you went to bed earlier... You did say you're 10, right? lol. I'm 17 & even I go to bed before 3:00...

But I agree with those above- you should be the one taking care of your bettas. I used to have rats, and when I didn't feed them, my parents wouldn't let me eat... no kidding. When they didn't have water, I couldn't have water untill I gave them some. When thier cage was dirty, I had to change it...well... actually I didn't care that much about taking showers when I was 8, so my parents grounded me to my room untill I changed the cage. That really helped me learn responsibility for my pets. I realized that they rely on me, they can't help themselves.

Psshhhh I'm 19, in college and may have stayed up past 3 maybe 5 times within the year and that's because of finals xD

But as for what your parents did as a punishment, id do that to my kids as well.
The situation thought is that I think LL's parents don't care for the fish. They provably prefer it as decoration over an actual pet.
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #18 
BettaBaited

Agreed. :) I was just saying that LL should take responsibility for them, regardless of the parents.

LL- I know you're 10, but do you get an allowance? or is there an opportunity for you to mow the lawn or do extra chores to earn money? Maybe you could hold a 'garage' sale, & sell some of your old toys/clothes. If your parent's saw you taking initiative, they might be more likely to help you.
BettaBaited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #19 
Little Leaf

Quote:

my little sister always keeps me awake. also, my parents dont care about animals-- they won't even let me donate!! I try my best to support my betta in EVERY WAY I can... and here's a small story:

my betta almost died from lack of water (my sister spilled the water, on PURPOSE!) and I was rushing to find the water conditioner, I asked my mom where the water conditioner, she didn't even hurry up with the things she was doing... but my betta survived, with a few pieces of info in his revenge list, I guess... I think he hates me

*sigh*
Old 08-21-2012, 11:04 AM   #20 
Little Leaf

Quote:
Agreed. :) I was just saying that LL should take responsibility for them, regardless of the parents.

LL- I know you're 10, but do you get an allowance? or is there an opportunity for you to mow the lawn or do extra chores to earn money? Maybe you could hold a 'garage' sale, & sell some of your old toys/clothes. If your parent's saw you taking initiative, they might be more likely to help you.
yea, I got 20 something dollars right now, about to receive 12 more dollars soon,
because I am trying very hard to put my sis to sleep at night, she slept at 4:00AM ONCE!! 4:00AM and she's 4 years old, @_@ I am trying to save up for a new tank for Equinox!

Tags
$40? buy a fecking heater, arteries!!, eating, tee hee., want to go mess with tags, watermelons