Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-21-2012, 01:57 AM   #11 
LebronTheBetta
Member
 
LebronTheBetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Leaf View Post
I can't measure gallons (UGH.) and I sometimes have to rely on my parents because I hate myself and I'm only 10
Remember some of us here are ages 15 and below. (Including me) Please don't say "I'm only...". If you can't get proper supplies, please don't get another fish. :/
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:18 AM   #12 
Alcemistnv
Member
 
Alcemistnv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Orange/Ulster County, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Remember some of us here are ages 15 and below. (Including me) Please don't say "I'm only...". If you can't get proper supplies, please don't get another fish. :/


+1

Not to be rude or anything LL, but I think they just got a fish either because you kept asking for it or just wanted to give you something to do. Your parents are behaving the same way my mom used to. I don't think they're actually going to care much for you fish. That could explain why they don't want to buy anything. And as mentioned other times, they're not cheap xD

Some people would rather buy food for themselves than buy it for a fish.
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #13 
Little Leaf
Member
 
Little Leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Remember some of us here are ages 15 and below. (Including me) Please don't say "I'm only...". If you can't get proper supplies, please don't get another fish. :/
ok... ugh, this is another: "last school year shoved back in my face" moment
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #14 
Little Leaf
Member
 
Little Leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcemistnv View Post
+1

Not to be rude or anything LL, but I think they just got a fish either because you kept asking for it or just wanted to give you something to do. Your parents are behaving the same way my mom used to. I don't think they're actually going to care much for you fish. That could explain why they don't want to buy anything. And as mentioned other times, they're not cheap xD

Some people would rather buy food for themselves than buy it for a fish.
kay... I think King Dedede hates me, he always flares at me when I come near (or too near?) the tank
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:49 AM   #15 
Little Leaf
Member
 
Little Leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
do I HAVE to be writing replies at 10:49AM?!

I slept at 3:00AM last night!
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:03 AM   #16 
BettaBaited
New Member
 
BettaBaited's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nebraska
...Perhaps if you went to bed earlier... You did say you're 10, right? lol. I'm 17 & even I go to bed before 3:00...

But I agree with those above- you should be the one taking care of your bettas. I used to have rats, and when I didn't feed them, my parents wouldn't let me eat... no kidding. When they didn't have water, I couldn't have water untill I gave them some. When thier cage was dirty, I had to change it...well... actually I didn't care that much about taking showers when I was 8, so my parents grounded me to my room untill I changed the cage. That really helped me learn responsibility for my pets. I realized that they rely on me, they can't help themselves.

Best of luck with the new betta. :)
BettaBaited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #17 
Alcemistnv
Member
 
Alcemistnv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Orange/Ulster County, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaBaited View Post
...Perhaps if you went to bed earlier... You did say you're 10, right? lol. I'm 17 & even I go to bed before 3:00...

But I agree with those above- you should be the one taking care of your bettas. I used to have rats, and when I didn't feed them, my parents wouldn't let me eat... no kidding. When they didn't have water, I couldn't have water untill I gave them some. When thier cage was dirty, I had to change it...well... actually I didn't care that much about taking showers when I was 8, so my parents grounded me to my room untill I changed the cage. That really helped me learn responsibility for my pets. I realized that they rely on me, they can't help themselves.

Best of luck with the new betta. :)



Psshhhh I'm 19, in college and may have stayed up past 3 maybe 5 times within the year and that's because of finals xD


But as for what your parents did as a punishment, id do that to my kids as well.
The situation thought is that I think LL's parents don't care for the fish. They provably prefer it as decoration over an actual pet.
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #18 
BettaBaited
New Member
 
BettaBaited's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nebraska
Agreed. :) I was just saying that LL should take responsibility for them, regardless of the parents.

LL- I know you're 10, but do you get an allowance? or is there an opportunity for you to mow the lawn or do extra chores to earn money? Maybe you could hold a 'garage' sale, & sell some of your old toys/clothes. If your parent's saw you taking initiative, they might be more likely to help you.
BettaBaited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #19 
Little Leaf
Member
 
Little Leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaBaited View Post
...Perhaps if you went to bed earlier... You did say you're 10, right? lol. I'm 17 & even I go to bed before 3:00...

But I agree with those above- you should be the one taking care of your bettas. I used to have rats, and when I didn't feed them, my parents wouldn't let me eat... no kidding. When they didn't have water, I couldn't have water untill I gave them some. When thier cage was dirty, I had to change it...well... actually I didn't care that much about taking showers when I was 8, so my parents grounded me to my room untill I changed the cage. That really helped me learn responsibility for my pets. I realized that they rely on me, they can't help themselves.

Best of luck with the new betta. :)
my little sister always keeps me awake. also, my parents dont care about animals-- they won't even let me donate!! I try my best to support my betta in EVERY WAY I can... and here's a small story:

my betta almost died from lack of water (my sister spilled the water, on PURPOSE!) and I was rushing to find the water conditioner, I asked my mom where the water conditioner, she didn't even hurry up with the things she was doing... but my betta survived, with a few pieces of info in his revenge list, I guess... I think he hates me

*sigh*
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:04 AM   #20 
Little Leaf
Member
 
Little Leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaBaited View Post
Agreed. :) I was just saying that LL should take responsibility for them, regardless of the parents.

LL- I know you're 10, but do you get an allowance? or is there an opportunity for you to mow the lawn or do extra chores to earn money? Maybe you could hold a 'garage' sale, & sell some of your old toys/clothes. If your parent's saw you taking initiative, they might be more likely to help you.
yea, I got 20 something dollars right now, about to receive 12 more dollars soon,
because I am trying very hard to put my sis to sleep at night, she slept at 4:00AM ONCE!! 4:00AM and she's 4 years old, @_@ I am trying to save up for a new tank for Equinox!
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
$40? buy a fecking heater, arteries!!, eating, tee hee., want to go mess with tags, watermelons

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LBF's Journal LittleBettaFish Journals 12 08-07-2012 03:51 AM
Pog's journal. Pogthefish Journals 8 07-12-2012 03:59 PM
Journal: Take 2 shadowpony Journals 4 07-04-2012 08:37 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.