Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #1 
Orito

Question Motherload?

I just picked up a 10g tank, lid, uv light, 2 castles, 2 filters, heater, thermostat, 2 bottles of betta flakes, water treatment kit, and a water test kit off of craigslist for 50$.

The only thing I needed to do was replace the light, and buy new carbon for the filters, but other then that, was it a good deal in your folks' opinion?

The tank is clean, but will need to be cycled.
Orito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #2 
MSG

I've seen complete 20G-30G tanks with EVERYTHING for $50.

I think you might have saved $50 instead of buying it from the store.

I actually got two complete 10 gallons for $0 in the past week. The most recent one was on Sunday when I tried to get to the Petco for the betta promotional day thing. It ended @ 3pm, I got there @ 6:53PM right before they closed @ 7PM

If you really want to know what kind of deal you got, post a list of the items you got. Model names as well.

Not all filters/heaters/accessories are of equal quality.

Just make sure when you buy a light get one with a 6500K rating.

Last edited by MSG; 08-21-2012 at 09:50 PM.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #3 
Orito

I know petsmart is having a sale (don't know when it ends) but all algae eaters were 50% off tonight.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:00 PM   #4 
Pitluvs

I just picked up a complete 32g Waterhome kit with a AquaClear 70 filter plus cichlids for free. Most of my 10g tank I got for under $10, with everything included. I think if you compare to buying new, you totally saved a chunk of money for sure!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #5 
a123andpoof

Thats cool!
@MSG the only reason the 6500k would matter is if the person wanted live plants. Otherwise they could get any kind of aquarium bulb they wanted. Personally i like the 6500k but its not mandatory. Some people on here have different colored bulbs, or just regular aquarium lights.
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:04 PM   #6 
Orito

I'll post that stuff up over the weekend. I'm moving again, so I left it all in my car until I move.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:08 PM   #7 
MSG

Their sales usually go on for at least a couple weeks. Thanks for the heads up on the AE fishies. I need a couple.

PS sent me their fish accessory specials earlier and none of the 221 items interest me.

They have guppies/mollies/platies for $1 again. Oto cats have been discounted as well.

About the 6500K, I know any light will work, but 6500k bulbs are usually the same price as the 2700k, 3000k varieties.

I would rather go with the bulb that can possibly grow plants just in case you want REAL ones in the future.

Last edited by MSG; 08-21-2012 at 10:12 PM.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote