Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #1 
Sceven

Heater Advice

So I was thinking about getting the "biOrb and biUbe Tropical Heater", but it says 8g and up, but it has a temperature control that shuts off. Anybody know anything about it? Is it any good, I hear great things about biOrb, I have a 2.5 gal and a 2 gal that I would use it on.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sceven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #2 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceven View Post
So I was thinking about getting the "biOrb and biUbe Tropical Heater", but it says 8g and up, but it has a temperature control that shuts off. Anybody know anything about it? Is it any good, I hear great things about biOrb, I have a 2.5 gal and a 2 gal that I would use it on.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
how many watts is this heater? For your tank, I would go with something 50 watts or less.

It is good that it has a temperature control, a thermostat, so that the tank will always stay at the same temp. It will turn on when cooled down & turn off once it reaches the correct temperature.

I dont have experience with that individual heater, but for my 2.5 gallon quarantine tank, I used a via aqua 50 watt. Its an awesome heater, has the thermostat & its adjustable. It is super cheap too, works perfectly! :) Here you can buy it on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/ViaAqua-50-Wat.../dp/B005440HLO
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #3 
Sceven

Thank you for the advice I really appreciate it :)
Sceven is offline   Reply With Quote