Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #81 
GaspeGirl

Wow, that looks cool! Yes that's kind of what it looks like, and mostly in 1 spot. I tried to get a good photo of it this afternoon but he didn't cooperate, and he has to flare everything open for me to catch it. It is between the rays not on the ends so much.
GaspeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #82 
GaspeGirl

Hello everyone,

Well time for an update of my poor Anthony. He has been hanging out in his QT tank, now he is into his second round of Kanaplex ABx treatment. I would say he looks mighty bored in there and is itching to get out into the 16g with the cories. Hang in there, Anthony, maybe soon!

I'm coming to terms his tail is gone forever and I just want to make sure Anthony is healed up enough to live and swim around. I plan to get him a new tank, smaller, where I can keep a close eye on him. Does anyone have any experience with the Eheim Jager nano tanks?

I am attaching recent photos of my tough little betta Anthony.
Attached Images

Old 09-06-2012, 09:27 PM   #83 
GaspeGirl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUD8z8-p6Ao

This is the tank I'd like to see him in. Any comments??
Old 09-07-2012, 12:27 AM   #84 
Sakura8

O.O I'd like to see my betta in that tank too, it's gorgeous. I've seen the Eheims online and oohed and aahed over them but I've never had one. The filter in that video looks different than the Eheim Aquaball internal power filter though; that one looks like a Penn Plax corner filter that is run by airpump. I can't remember if the Eheims come with lids. Lids are essential with these jumpy fellows and once he feels better, he may jump more because he won't have a big tail.

It looks like the tissue is dying (all gray). If that's the case, then the bad tissue may soon fall off and we just might see new growth there. *crosses fingers*
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:36 PM   #85 
GaspeGirl

Hi everybody,

So Anthony seems to be holding his own, and I am planning long-term here - I'll get his new EJ nano next weekend. Today I got him a new bag of fresh IAL and he is in his QT tank with fresh DC water and stresscoat. When I put the leaf in, he swam to be under it right away. Yes, the new tank will have a lid. I watched a guy on youTube put one together and it looks really cool. I think the guy's ID was urajoey and he seemed to know what he was doing; he showed all the parts and what is inside the filter - some sort of really interesting little round balls.

I guess I am wondering now, when can he come out of his QT tank?? Should I give him a round of AQ salt one more time?? I am not sure if he is as healed as he should/could be for return to a full-size environment.

Thanks a lot!
Old 09-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #86 
lelei

Well, if he is active and swimming fairly normal, and without difficulty, I would say give it a go..and let him see how he does, you will be able to tell if he is struggling, for the most part he has a lot of fins and he is still strong, I think he will do just fine, even if he doesnt have much of a tail, the other fins will make up for that loss. If you have done 10-14 days of AQ treatment that would be enough, you don't want to hurt the labyrinth. I wish you and Anthony the best of luck..let us know how he does..hugs and fins up!!
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #87 
Sakura8

I second Lelei on that. Let him out on a trial run. I'm less concerned about his swimming ability than about any possibility of the rot returning. If there is any trouble at all with his fins, plop him right back into meds. Good luck!
Old 09-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #88 
GaspeGirl

Thanks! I don't know what would have happened to my fishy friends had it not been for your input!

So I kind of redecorated his big tank, put in some floating plants that I've had in QT for 7 days, put in my new Fluval underwater filter, heater, new IAL .... does it get any better! lol I put the cories in and the new sand has them very interested. The temp is right. Anthony's addition is imminent!
Old 09-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #89 
Sakura8

Go ANTHONY! *grabs pompoms* You can do it, buddy!

He'll probably be absolutely thrilled to be back in his tank. :)
Old 09-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #90 
lelei

Whoohoo!!..go anthony..go anthony!!.yu can do this!!..yaaaaay Anthony:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote