Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-20-2012, 07:51 PM   #1 
myfavfish

Exclamation Omg i need help D:

well, i just put my new heater in the tank to test it out (its been in for about 4 hours now) and before the heater was in the temp. was 72 F but now its 84 F D: i of course took turned it off but now but i dont know what to do :o my fish seems ok but weirded out by it :( so i dont know what i should do with the heater. the water will be too cold without it, but with it it is WAY to hot :o i dont know what to do D: please help :(
Attached Images

myfavfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:52 PM   #2 
teeneythebetta

What size is your tank?
You need to get a heater that is adjustable & has a thermostat, so you can control what you want the temp to be.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #3 
myfavfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
What size is your tank?
You need to get a heater that is adjustable & has a thermostat, so you can control what you want the temp to be.
mine is a 1 gallon tank :( so i would need an adjustable one that is small enough to fit in it :o but idk if there are any out there that small.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:56 PM   #4 
lelei

I have been using the Tetra 2-10gal heaters preset to 78 degrees, Only had a problem with one of them out of 4 mons of use with 3 tanks, and they have been working quite well..for now you will need to keep your betta in the warmest room of the house, and keep a towel around the tank..watch the thermometer, and add a lil warm water before you go to bed if the temp drops below 77..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #5 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfavfish View Post
mine is a 1 gallon tank :( so i would need an adjustable one that is small enough to fit in it :o but idk if there are any out there that small.
Can you upgrade? to a 2.5 gallon, perhaps? I fit a nice adjustable heater in my 2.5 gallon quarantine tank.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:11 PM   #6 
a123andpoof

I use the tetra one also $15 at walmart works for a 1g.
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:12 PM   #7 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by a123andpoof View Post
I use the tetra one also $15 at walmart works for a 1g.
I looked it up and it says its not adjustable..?
Old 08-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #8 
myfavfish

well, its still 84 F :( but it feels colder so maybe the thermometer is just being slow. and for the heater, i just bought it and opened it so i dont even know if i can return it :( and im so afraid for my betta because now hes going through so many temp. changes today. first 72 F then 84 F now its going to go back down to 72 F without the heater :o and with the heater its way too hot :( so should i still try to return it and get a different one? and i dont know if i can get a bigger tank at this point in time because i just spent so much money on other things :(
Old 08-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #9 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfavfish View Post
well, its still 84 F :( but it feels colder so maybe the thermometer is just being slow. and for the heater, i just bought it and opened it so i dont even know if i can return it :( and im so afraid for my betta because now hes going through so many temp. changes today. first 72 F then 84 F now its going to go back down to 72 F without the heater :o and with the heater its way too hot :( so should i still try to return it and get a different one? and i dont know if i can get a bigger tank at this point in time because i just spent so much money on other things :(
A temporary water temp of 84 is better than 72.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:34 PM   #10 
myfavfish

i think its about 79-82 now. the thermometer is slow so i dont know the exact temp. so should i try and return it tomorrow? and what heater would you recommend? (preferably from petco)