Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2012, 07:51 PM   #1 
myfavfish
Member
 
myfavfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Exclamation Omg i need help D:

well, i just put my new heater in the tank to test it out (its been in for about 4 hours now) and before the heater was in the temp. was 72 F but now its 84 F D: i of course took turned it off but now but i dont know what to do :o my fish seems ok but weirded out by it :( so i dont know what i should do with the heater. the water will be too cold without it, but with it it is WAY to hot :o i dont know what to do D: please help :(
Attached Images
 
myfavfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:52 PM   #2 
teeneythebetta
Member
 
teeneythebetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
What size is your tank?
You need to get a heater that is adjustable & has a thermostat, so you can control what you want the temp to be.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #3 
myfavfish
Member
 
myfavfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
What size is your tank?
You need to get a heater that is adjustable & has a thermostat, so you can control what you want the temp to be.
mine is a 1 gallon tank :( so i would need an adjustable one that is small enough to fit in it :o but idk if there are any out there that small.
myfavfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:56 PM   #4 
lelei
Member
 
lelei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Haverhill, MA
I have been using the Tetra 2-10gal heaters preset to 78 degrees, Only had a problem with one of them out of 4 mons of use with 3 tanks, and they have been working quite well..for now you will need to keep your betta in the warmest room of the house, and keep a towel around the tank..watch the thermometer, and add a lil warm water before you go to bed if the temp drops below 77..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #5 
teeneythebetta
Member
 
teeneythebetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfavfish View Post
mine is a 1 gallon tank :( so i would need an adjustable one that is small enough to fit in it :o but idk if there are any out there that small.
Can you upgrade? to a 2.5 gallon, perhaps? I fit a nice adjustable heater in my 2.5 gallon quarantine tank.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:11 PM   #6 
a123andpoof
Member
 
a123andpoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Minnesota
I use the tetra one also $15 at walmart works for a 1g.
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:12 PM   #7 
teeneythebetta
Member
 
teeneythebetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by a123andpoof View Post
I use the tetra one also $15 at walmart works for a 1g.
I looked it up and it says its not adjustable..?
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #8 
myfavfish
Member
 
myfavfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
well, its still 84 F :( but it feels colder so maybe the thermometer is just being slow. and for the heater, i just bought it and opened it so i dont even know if i can return it :( and im so afraid for my betta because now hes going through so many temp. changes today. first 72 F then 84 F now its going to go back down to 72 F without the heater :o and with the heater its way too hot :( so should i still try to return it and get a different one? and i dont know if i can get a bigger tank at this point in time because i just spent so much money on other things :(
myfavfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #9 
teeneythebetta
Member
 
teeneythebetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfavfish View Post
well, its still 84 F :( but it feels colder so maybe the thermometer is just being slow. and for the heater, i just bought it and opened it so i dont even know if i can return it :( and im so afraid for my betta because now hes going through so many temp. changes today. first 72 F then 84 F now its going to go back down to 72 F without the heater :o and with the heater its way too hot :( so should i still try to return it and get a different one? and i dont know if i can get a bigger tank at this point in time because i just spent so much money on other things :(
A temporary water temp of 84 is better than 72.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:34 PM   #10 
myfavfish
Member
 
myfavfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
i think its about 79-82 now. the thermometer is slow so i dont know the exact temp. so should i try and return it tomorrow? and what heater would you recommend? (preferably from petco)
myfavfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.