Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-20-2012, 09:35 PM   #1 
Sapphoira

Whoops came home with another betta AGAIN.

I've been so good when I work at Petsmart not going over and looking at the bettas... today I decided to take my dog in because I wanted to take him out and then go to the dog park. I did need a thermometer for my new 10g setup that's almost complete, so that of course brought me into the fish section. Where they had the cart of all the new bettas sitting there. My coworkers know I am obsessed with bettas and started showing me all these beautiful guys, but I was drawn to this gorgeous green iridescent CT female! Since I'm putting 2 of my guys in my split 10 gallon, I figured I had a free 2.5g soon... So my little girl is in her temporary large kritter keeper. I tried to get a picture, but it's dark and stormy and I have her in a dimly lit room to help her cope with her stress as she is pretty stripey and sad right now. Hopefully I'll be able to get a good pic of her tomorrow, she is SO pretty! It's hard to tell right now, but unless this is wishful thinking I miiiight see a little wash of yellow on her fins which would be awesome :)
Sapphoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:13 PM   #2 
Onlyonagoodday

Thats awesome! Would love to see a picture.
Onlyonagoodday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:41 PM   #3 
finnfinnfriend

I would love to see a picture too....

Also how much of a discount do petsmart employees get?
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:51 PM   #4 
Sapphoira

we only get a 15% discount, which isn't great, but at least they hire above minimum wage :)
Old 08-21-2012, 02:55 AM   #5 
CandiceMM

How exciting!! I would love to work on new shipment days :) Can't wait to see her!
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #6 
Freyja
Banned

I scoped out the bettas on saturday at petsmart for what may become my new sorority. They had some pretty CT girls but teeny tiny although they had color. Many cuties.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #7 
Sapphoira

Got some pictures!!! She's so tiny, she's hard to find even in her little kritter keeper, so I had to pull her hiding spots out to get these! You can see a bit of her blue iridescence. Now that she's settled in, her color is coming in better and her normal stripes are less severe, but she'll always have those right since some females do? I just love her, I planted my 10g today and put in my new heater! The filter is almost finished cycling and as soon as my mopani driftwood that I ordered gets here and I get the bookshelf that the tank is going on put up, I'll be able to get her in her real tank!
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #8 
xShainax

The stripes should go away soon. :)
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote