Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #11 
Friendlyfishies

almost all my guppies died first week too, now im down to 3 males, ones not looking too good and the other two are probably next if the pattern continues...I think they had fungus, ive treated the tank and the fish but no go..im going to be sticking with bettas after this...
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #12 
Goldie2nd

Actually going to change Neon to the 10 gallon all by himself I'm cycling it right now.
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #13 
Laki

If you put enough plants in there it will make a fine home :) I like this idea, he'll be so happy.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #14 
Goldie2nd

Yes thank you Laki hey for how long should I cycle the thread is in betta Care answer there.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #15 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
I think at a certain size guppies become much better swimmers. They could never supply a betta as a food source unless they are crippled in some way.
Youd be surprised! A friend of mine who has absolutely no idea, has put them 4 gappies, 2 angelfish, and a pleco in a ten gallon tank!

Gappies started breeding like mad (she was wondering why do they have swollen bellies every now and then?) and after a year the angelfish and the pleco have grown to monstrus proportions and she was still wondering why. I told her as soon as i spotted the black dots on the guppy belies.

After two hours of explaining i got this: Oh right, i thought i saw a small fishy in there the other day, and i thought it was my imagination. :facepalm.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:31 AM   #16 
Goldie2nd

Hahahaha Um the guppies and the Pletco and the Mollies died they where tun tun tun from walmart nrever buying fish from them again! Now I have three new Bettas well two new Bettas. Red Crown the Red CT and Saphire the now healing from his fight with Neon V-Tail. I sence then have cleaned the tank been cycling and have placed and secured the divider so is now an ewual 5g tank for two fish. I still have the new guys qt but they are ok.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #17 
Laki

Wait, I thought Sapphire and the CT were in the same tank together and had a fight. Not the 2 VT's. I thought Neon always was in the 1g. ??
Old 08-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #18 
Goldie2nd

Nope the CT had Pop Eye did not change him after all. Treating him for it. Hes a bit better and breathing less hard he had a lot of amonia levels then when he was in his care where he came from. So Red Crown stayed in his qt tank. I noticed this beofre I moved him so i thought maybe Neon might use his 5g he did like it, 5g for him is perfecrt, he loves it but he di have that tazzle with Saphire whwich sucks but oh well **** happens I sence then got the Divided stronger anchord and Neon is by himself at the moment till I egt the CT cured which will take a much shorter time than Saphire's healing wound plus I need to keep a closer eye incase of fongus or infection. The CT is doing much better with his breathing he neded to stay QT. :) Hope this helps somehwta Laki.

Last edited by Goldie2nd; 08-25-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #19 
Laki

What kind of injuries did Sapphire receive? If it's just torn fins he can go back in the divided tank. Just keep the water clean! :)
Old 08-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #20 
Goldie2nd

It's just torn fins Laki but I think is a little easier to keep him in hs quarintine tank for a few more days to make sure he's completely alright. Is just what I think is best but He's go back I also buffeted the filter and I'll fix the sucking part as soon as I get pantie hose. I haven't got the cash right now I have $1.00 in my account will get some later on next month.