Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #31 
fairy74

What treatment should i give her now?and would it be effective if she is in the later stages? when she was in the large tank she was still acting normaly...eating,flaring,darting about is that normal if she is in the later stages?

Sorry for all the questions.
fairy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #32 
MSG

I'm still not sure why you have 2 females in QT, & 3 other females in QT. I know your ordered some bettas off the internet.

The dropsy could have been caused by the plants. I know when my danios were showing signs it was within weeks of tossing in a several giant handfuls of floating plants.

You may have some problems with less than 4 females together. One major positive is your tank is roomy/large enough but I'm not sure it's decorated with enough plants.

This is why I didn't understand why you bought so many females before the initial introductions. You need to start slow when you purchase new fish and especially if you're trying to create a sorority. Weird problems like this always happen.

How many female bettas do you have right now?
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:18 PM   #33 
fairy74

Ok i will try and explain this as best i can.(sorry will be long)

I already had a 7 gallon biorb which was going to be my only tank,i went to the pet store not actually knowing what i was going to buy.
I loved the female bettas and bought two as i knew no better at this point.
I then found this forum and soon learned that two was a no no so i went back and bought two more to even out aggresion.
I also learned that my tank was actually to small for four so i bought a 30 gallon cycled it(as you remember all my questions then lol) and added the four girls and 6 cories.

My intention was nine females so i bought another three and used the biorb as a QT tank...the other two were bought from a breeder as the colours are pretty much all the same in my store and that is why they are in seperate containers for QT,the reason i got all five at more or less the same time is because i thought it would be best to add them all together to the 30 gallon once QT time was over to avoid to much aggresion and having to rearrange every time i got a new girl.

I also have plants in QT that i will add before hand so plenty of hideing places.

Anyway one girl from the 30G is now sick and in yet another container and i have just learnt that one of the three in the 7gallon biorb is actually a he phew.
I am thinking why oh why did i not just stick with platies and neons as this is turning out very wrong.
The male will have to go back to the store as i am all out of spaces for them.

I want to add all the QT girls to the 30 gallon but now i am unsure if it is contaminated if my female has dropsy, the cories and 3 females in it seem normal.

Phew i hope that all made some sense.

Any advice would be gratefully received.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #34 
Goldie2nd

wow so glad I did not do a sororirty then. I'll be keeping my three males I was going to build a srrority in my 10g but opted out. You should have kept the 4 or if not added just 3 more and kepot them qt I know I'm leabing that lesson right now. Is hard to keep fish is amazing how much it goes into it. But hey e've got to try to do our best for them :)
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:52 PM   #35 
MSG

Platies & neons bore me. I like the bettas because of their colors, but they do have ATTITUDE problems at times.

Since you didn't QT the cories, I would add the other 3 bettas now. The ones from the breeder you may have to wait another week or so. Just keep in mind, this is what I would do.

All your water results at this point are stable?

Now with 1 male plakat betta and 1 dropsy girl, you have 7 bettas left.

I would add the other 2 to the sorority & leave out the 2 from the breeder.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:03 PM   #36 
fairy74

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
Platies & neons bore me. I like the bettas because of their colors, but they do have ATTITUDE problems at times.

Since you didn't QT the cories, I would add the other 3 bettas now. The ones from the breeder you may have to wait another week or so. Just keep in mind, this is what I would do.

All your water results at this point are stable?

Now with 1 male plakat betta and 1 dropsy girl, you have 7 bettas left.

I would add the other 2 to the sorority & leave out the 2 from the breeder.
Do you suggest i do a water change also before adding them?
Why should i not add the two from the breeder at the same time..would it be to much at once?

Thanks for helping me.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:17 PM   #37 
MSG

I think because you just got the breeders, correct? So the other 2-3 girls have already been in QT for a while right?

Sorry for the delay, I'm talking to half dozen people in real life right now.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #38 
fairy74

So ive added the plants,done a water change and added the fish..now its fingers crossed they get on and fingers crossed that the tank is not contaminated.

Gonna post a few pics in the betta homes thread now.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #39 
Goldie2nd

Coolness
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:46 AM   #40 
fairy74

Does anyone know if this would be useful to treat the tank just as a precaution?

http://www.swelluk.com/aquarium/trea...rd-431033.html