Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #1 
shanetold

Betta Fish Breeding Process Become Funny!

HI ! everyone im leonilo from philippines,I have a Question regarding about ''Betta Breeding''.Last Monday I Bought 2 pairs Of betta fish A male and female ,Dont Know Whats The Breed Because I Just Buy Them From The Street Vendor and Also I Dont know how old are they,I Think They Are 2 Months Old.Now My problem Is when I trying to breed them the Male Betta Is Trying to make A fight from my female Betta (In separate Battle) .The both Betta Is interested to each other.The Male Betta Did not make A Bubble Nest Instead They Became friends ,So I decided them To put in One Small Aquarium . My Questions Is ,Why the male betta is not making bubble nest ?are they still too young to start them to breed?.
Thank You.
shanetold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

4-5 months is when they have full finnage they are bred before that in Thailand try conditioning them with live food and plants to help build a bubble nest.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #3 
shanetold

Can I Feed Them A mosquito larva ?, Baby guppy fish?and a Backswimmer. what do you think?

Last edited by shanetold; 09-01-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:06 PM   #4 
Fabian

2 months is TOO young.You cannot put a male and a female together.You need some more research first.A male WILL fight and may kill the female if put together.
You need to condition the bettas for at least 2 weeks before breeding.Your male did not make a bubblenest because they are not conditioned properly,too young,not interested or not yet.If you don't know the type of fish you have i think you should not breed at all.
I suggest you read the stickies first.
Breeding bettas takes a lot of time and money.
Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:59 AM   #5 
indjo
TFK Moderator

HI, Shanetold. welcome to the forum.

You need to read more on breeding.
Both breeders must be 4 (or over) months - 3cm or more (body measurement only - no fins). Since they are young, you can mass feed them live foods and fatten them up. When they reach breeding size or when they become sexually mature - you can breed them. In the meantime, read as much as you can about breeding.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #6 
Mo

I remember a pair breeding at 12 weeks old once... That's just a little over 2 months..
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:01 AM   #7 
shanetold

Thank You So Much ... For Good Advices.Imma start reading.