Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #1 
Goldie2nd

I want to get good healthy Bettas help!

So i have decided since Walmart fish scuk and die, and are kept in poor condition not getting them from there anymore. Now I want to buy a good healthy fish hopefully tomorow or the next day or sometimes next week well soon to put it bluntly. How do i go about choosing a good healhty looking Betta that I also like but mostly Healhty that seems promising. I have read and read all I can about choosing Betta's at a pet store that, the water is clean duh!, That they are active and have color in them but othe than seeing the other fish alive as well how else can i tell a fish is in good aquaring stage. I want a marble ay least and what is the ttermpermaye diffrence between a crowntail and a V-tail?
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

Good Signs- Active, alert, flares, no signs of external problems, full fins, no white stuff in the cup, clear eyes, the scales are flat, not fat or too thin, etc.
BAD Signs- Lethargic, cup is dirty with poo and white poo, scales are not flat, bloated, murky eyes, popped out eyes, etc.

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TAIL TYPES. This is a complete myth and is truly false. CTs were never more aggressive.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #3 
Goldie2nd

Cool cool so there is no diffrence in personalities as in temperment huh I thought there would be.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:56 PM   #4 
LebronTheBetta

Nope. :) Any long finned Betta *might* get tired easily as all the finnage might get in there way. It really matters on the fish.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:01 PM   #5 
Goldie2nd

Hmm I see tat's what's happening to my poor Neon he has long Fins that's why hes happier and healthier in his 1 gallon bowl hey at leats he's healthy now and swimming and doing something. Even playing with me! So I feel good I saved a fishy! I've had him for 4 months now fingers crossed.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:21 PM   #6 
Goldie2nd

Well and how about colors how does one choose from colors and color pattersn the best of the best?
Old 08-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #7 
LebronTheBetta

The color doesn't matter either. It's personal preferance. If you don't like the Bettas the day you go, ask them when their shipment comes and go there that day. That way, you'll be able to choose first.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #8 
Goldie2nd

Oh ok great!