Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #1 
aqua001

Angry I hate walmart!!!!!

Today I went to walmart and you won't believe what I saw. Ok, I already expected to see things like 15 huge goldfish in a ten gallon tank and the poor bettas in an inch of filthy water but today was horrible. You know those little plastic things that they use to scope the fish out? Well, I saw a BETTA in one, dried up and stuck to the side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY brother was like "wait... is that a ...BETTA?!?!" I looked and I'm like OMG!!! I was completely freaked out. Hardly knowing what I was doing, I grabbed the nearest sales associate and started telling him (or more like screaming) that there was a betta stuck to the side of the thing the stopped the fish out with!!!!! he told me to show him. I dragged him over to the betta and he dumped it in the trash!!!!!!!!!! I was about to punch him (or felt like it, anyway) when I noticed that the red CT wasn't able to be saved. His tail was all gone and he had a hunk of skin ripped off. I just stared at the betta and then glared at the sales associate and walked away. I feel so bad for the poor betta.
aqua001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

That is terrible i would have had a panic attack I have a phobia of dead fish.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:22 PM   #3 
aqua001

I've got dead fish phobia too;). I make my dad scoop out my dead bettas (it's happened 3 times:( and he getting mad) while I hide in the corner LOL.
aqua001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #4 
Bettanewbie60

I just left my Walmart, and my hands are still shaking...I hate it there! I had to get dog treats, and usually now, I avoid their fish section, but yeah, I saw the 30 or so bettas sitting on the shelf, another 20 at least on the shelf above the sink...I avoided checking them all out, though I noticed at least this time that the cups weren't stacked...I got the dog treats and headed straight for the center aisle, out of the pet section..and there in the middle of the aisle??? An ENTIRE BETTA DISPLAY! I couldn't believe it!! I mean, they don't sell the ones they already have there..and I saw one with only like a 1/2 inch of water!! I grabbed his cup, and put some more water in it..but, I didn't have any conditioner by the sink, and I was almost crying...I didn't take time to talk to management...I had to get home to let my dogs out before the rain hit..and, they won't do anything there anyway. I'm just the "crazy betta lady"...I hate this. It sucks. I feel bad for the one I added water to...I probably killed him...what the hell man...I can't even think straight. I'm so sorry for all of you poor fish...I'm sorry.
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #5 
Bettanewbie60

I just sent a nasty letter to corporate...and I will continue to do so!
Old 08-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #6 
Goldie2nd

I completely hear you, walmart sucks in taking care of ANY of there fish. I just got my two new little guys from a local pet store PetWorld is a local petstore in Polk County. It's way better than Walmart.
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:54 PM   #7 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldie2nd View Post
I completely hear you, walmart sucks in taking care of ANY of there fish. I just got my two new little guys from a local pet store PetWorld is a local petstore in Polk County. It's way better than Walmart.
I just feel awful...like my hands are tied by corporate greed..sigh. I can't even eat right now. Sigh
Old 08-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #8 
Goldie2nd

I'm sorry BettaNewbie the only thing I can do is not buy more fish from them ever just grocery shopping and electronics things I need but not live stock.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #9 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldie2nd View Post
I'm sorry BettaNewbie the only thing I can do is not buy more fish from them ever just grocery shopping and electronics things I need but not live stock.
Thanks..yeah, that is all I can do too...besides send letters and start petitions, which I've done. sigh...I won't even buy my dog treats there anymore...I can't go near that section of the store, it hurts too much.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #10 
Goldie2nd

I know I know i hear yah!