Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-22-2012, 12:01 PM   #1 
Seki

Heater suggestions, please!

I'm in the market for a couple new heaters. Right now I have a tiny 7.5 watt Top Fin heater that isn't adjustable. I don't trust it because sometimes it spikes the temperature in my tank, so I have to unplug it when I'm not home, overnight, etc. The problem, of course, is that when it gets cold at night, my tank's temperature goes down WAY lower than it should.

I want an adjustable heater. One I can trust and leave on all the time. One that will regulate its own temperature. I have a 2.5 gallon for Drago, and I am setting up a new 5.5 gallon. I need a heater for each... suggestions?
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:42 PM   #2 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

I just brought and Elite 50 watt adjustable heater for my 5 gallon and so far its been doing to great job. I had a preset one too and it just didnt work to keep the temp where it should be. If your shopping on line check out Amazon they are some good prices on the heaters thats where I got mine. A few people told me the Elite heaters are very good so that why I went with that brand.
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #3 
Seki

Thanks, Perseusmom. Do you have a suggestion for the 2.5 gallon? That's the one that is most pressing. The 5.5 gallon isn't set up yet, so I have some time to figure that out, but Drago is getting cold at night! I want to get him a nice, steady temperature ASAP!
Old 08-22-2012, 01:22 PM   #4 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Oh so sorry Seki I dont know anything about those but hold on let me check and see what I can find. Do you want something on line to order or buying one at a pet shop?
Old 08-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #5 
Seki

No worries, I appreciate the suggestion for the 5 gallon! I am okay with either ordering online or buying at a store. I'd prefer to buy at a pet store, but again, I don't mind buying online. Thanks for your help!
Old 08-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #6 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

This one looks good, its 25 watts what you need for your 2.5gallon tank and its adjustable. It has good reviews for your size tank.
http://www.amazon.com/Hydor-THEO-Sub...ywords=heaters

Last edited by Perseusmom; 08-22-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:49 PM   #7 
Seki

That one looks awesome, thank you! I think I'll order it. Hopefully it'll be here in a few days! :) Then my poor little Drago won't have to worry about getting cold at night anymore!
Old 08-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #8 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Your very welcome I hope it gets here soon so Drago can be nice and cozy at night..he is a pretty boy, is he a crowntail ? I have crowntail they are awesome of course they all are awesome !!!

I just found this one, its just like the 50 watt one I have buts its 25 watt and adjustable and is a few dollars cheaper then the other one, if you want this one and have ordered the other one you can cancel that order and get this one, its up to they both seem to be great heaters.

http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Submersi...25+watt+heater

Last edited by Perseusmom; 08-22-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #9 
Seki

Yep, he's a crowntail. :) He's my pretty little man haha I just love him. His cup was marked dragonscale, but I'm not sure about it. Regardless, I love him to pieces!

Oooh, that one looks like a good one, too. I will have to decide between them, they both look nice! Thanks again for your help! :)