Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #1 
BettaDawn

Marineland 3-gallon Crescent

I have 2 of the Marineland 3-gallon Crescent tanks, they originally came with the adjustable flow Tetra Whisper 10i Filter. One filter has finally died and the filters they now sell as the 10i are no longer flow adjustable & way too powerfull for a 3 gallon! (I emailed the maufacturer to complain but didnt get a reply)

I have a 3i Tetra Whisper in another tank but it doesnt work as well as the original adjustable 10i, have to change the so called "filter cartridge" more often.

Anyone have any good filter recomendations for this 3 gallon tank that you dont have to baffle & works well.
BettaDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:11 PM   #2 
AK Ambrose

I just bought one of those tanks myself! I don't know if I want to use my filter though. (It is the flow adjustable one) My betta just didn't seem to keen on it.

Perhaps, if you'd like, I could send you my filter?
AK Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #3 
BettaDawn

If you put the flow on low its great! Thanks for offering... I'm determined to find another one just as good. Im hoping for suggestions. Why Tetra stops making/changes what is a good product is beyond me.
BettaDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #4 
GFarra

BettaDawn

I stumbled upon a nano filter at my LFS that I have been considering adding to my 1.5g tetra tank.

Its made by Deep Blue Professional and its called the BioMaxx Nano. it's a HOB style with adjustable flow. Do a google search and it will come up. Not sure if your tank allows for an HOB style. The other filter I was considering was the Marina i25 (good reviews @ amazon) which is submersible with an adjustable flow

Regards

George
GFarra is offline   Reply With Quote