Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #1 
Friendlyfishies

ordering netrite snails...what do I feed them?

I know they will the algea in my tank, I dont have any quite yet but am stocking up on plants...while im at it i want to order my snails in the same order because shipping is a fortune, im trying to get everything into one order so I wont have to worry about shipping cost...do I just feed them algea wafers while I wait for algea to grow? my new anubias looked great yesterday but today it was a bit slimey and brown looking :/
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #2 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

I feed my pond snails algae wafers and they also like my Betta food, you can give them veggies too. I dont have mine in my betta tank though they have their own bowl with lid. Pond snails are small and found out Perseus will eat them when a couple I didnt get off my plants when I QT them. I am hoping no more show up in his tank. You should QT the plants for a week or more and watch out for pond snails they are tiny with football shaped shells and do lay start eggs fairly quickly.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #3 
ao
TFK Moderator

nerites... I think they may be strictly algae. I think I'll get one for my tank soon too. My last one (which I gave away) cleaned all my surfaces beautifully :D I had to encourage algae growth for that nerite.
ao is online now   Reply With Quote