I got a new Betta today, settling into his 2 gallon tank nicely. it's been about five hours since I stopped floating him and put him in, so I thought it was fine to feed him. I feed Aqueon Betta Food.
when I dropped a pellet, I was pleased to see him swim up and grab it with his mouth. what I was not so pleased to see was him spit the pellet back out after chewing. I have a few theories why:
1. He hasn't settled in yet, and I should wait a while before trying again.
2. The pellets aren't to his taste, he's used to a different brand, or prefers flakes.
3. He was fed already at the pet store, and is full.
4. No reason- he just likes seeing me flail my arms and freak out.
5. My new Betta fish is sick- this theory baffles me because he seems very healthy, and no signs of anything, even tail biting.
Which reason do YOU think is most likely? I'm not too worried yet, should I be?