betta fish

Old 08-29-2012, 12:05 PM   #11 
kimmysticks

Thank you!
kimmysticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #12 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Hello again how nice to be able to ride horses I havent got to do that in a long time and I love it ! I have seen one other person who used to post here and her Bettas name was Perseus also, it is a cool name, my daughter teaches Latin and I asker her for a Greek myth name and when she said how about Perseus it seemed perfect for him and he is a brave little guy and patrols his home all day making sure nothing strange is in there ...lol He attacked the Hornwort when I first put it in...lol He loves it now though and sleeps in it at night. Last week he found a tiny snail and ate it he chewed and chewed and spit it out and went after it again and chewed some more but he didnt eat the shell I found it laying on my moss ball and yes they are so cool I love mine too !

Still no name yet your son will agree too ? Its normal for them not to eat for few days while they adjust to their new home.
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #13 
kimmysticks

I think his name is just going to be "Fishy", haha! Pretty unoriginal. Yet to the point! For some reason though, since we got him I've been thinking of him as Norman. I guess technically we're going with that. ;)

I finally saw him eat today. Usually I'd drop the pellets in and he wouldn't even care. This morning he finally darted right for the 2 of them and wolfed em down! Good to see he's finally getting some nutrition.

I think my anacharis is kicking the bucket but it's my fault (as I mentioned in that snail thread). I might take them out completely and replace with something new or maybe even a fake plant. I don't like the way they look as much, but we'll see. I might try to salvage them first with some fertilizer. And now I am nervous about snails over taking my tank! Ahh!

Horseback riding is really great. How much did you ride? And what style? I'm doing english, with a goal of jumping and showing. I love it but it is pricey...hopefully I can keep it up!
kimmysticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #14 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Hi welcome to the forum and i love the look of your tank.
I ride horses too i also show it is alot of work, money, and early mornings i often need to get up at 4:30 but it is worth it!!
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #15 
eaturbyfill

Hello and welcome!
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #16 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Yeaaaa happy to hear Fishy Norman is eating !!!! Sorry the Anacharis is not working out, you can find some very pretty silk plants at most places or on line at Amazon they have some nice ones. If you do start to see snails something you can try is putting a piece o lettuce or cucumber in the tank overnight and check it very early in the morning and if there are any snails they should be on it, just take it out and do it each night for awhile.

I just used to go on the riding trails in the Smokey Mountains as I live in Tennessee and they were so fun and so pretty up that way, the Fall time is beautiful with all the trees changing color. That is all the riding I have ever done but I loved it !
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #17 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping.....

Enjoy your stay...

Be sure and post questions in the proper section for best response.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote