Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-22-2012, 04:09 PM   #1 
Kitty Whiskers

Question Stress Stripes??

My new little Female Betta "Misty" that I bought on August 10th still has "Stress Stripes". It has been almost 2 weeks now with no change. Are they really stress stripes? Or is that just the way she is supposed to look? I have had Bettas with stripes before, but they have always went away in about 3 days or less. She has gotten a little bit greener in color but still has dark stripes. She eats well and all the other Bettas are getting along well with her and she is not afraid of the other Bettas. Nothing seems wrong with her heatlth. She doesn't hide and doesn't seem stressed out. So what do you think is going on with my Betta Misty?
Attached Images

Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

Since it's a baby, those are just camouflage stripes. It helps to blend them in with the plants in the wild. The future colors would cover it off when she grows.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #3 
lvandert

+1 thats a baby, I would also keep an eye on "her" they get mislabeled a lot when young
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #4 
Kitty Whiskers

So I have nothing to worry about then? That's good! So how old will she have to be to get her colors and loose her stripes?

Yeah, I also heard that "She" may turn out to be a "He" LOL! I'll keep an eye out on "her" as "she" grows. Maybe my Misty is a Mister haha!
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:34 PM   #5 
LebronTheBetta

Nope. Bettas are fully grown around 3 months so expect the colors to grow around 1.5-2.5 months. Can't wait to see them transform! ;)
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #6 
rosy delta

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Since it's a baby, those are just camouflage stripes. It helps to blend them in with the plants in the wild. The future colors would cover it off when she grows.
I'm glad to hear this too. I have a few baby bettas, and mine still show stripes too. I was beginning to worry they weren't happy here. They appear healthy and interactive.
rosy delta is offline   Reply With Quote