Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #1 
Alienchick017

Update From My 1st Spawn

Hello Everyone, I have been away from the forum for several months and things on here have changed so I couldn't go back to my Spawn Log Thread to update, but for anyone that remembers me breeding my HM Salamanders(Valentine and Rose) that I got from Karen I had a family crisis right as they were getting old enough to sell and couldn't care for them the way that I needed to so many got sick. I knew that there was nothing I could do for them with them needing daily water changes that I could no longer give sadly and felt that culling the sick was the best option so that they wouldn't continue to suffer and the number of fry dropped rapidly. I ended up with about 16 strong, healthy fry that never got sick and I sold and gave away 10 to family members and friends and they are still doing great at their new homes. 1 male out of the 6 that I kept died last week after I removed him from the 10 gallon where he had just started bullying his siblings, And another Male that I have had in a 5 gal got sick out of no where and it isn't looking good for him at all, but the other 4 are living happily in the 10 gal still. The ones that I kept were all runts compared to the rest and the smallest in the 10 gal is just now about a inch long and doesn't have much color at all but he is growing slowly but surely.
I felt terrible that My fry made it so far and were almost ready for homes when I had to cull them.. I loved them and cared for them like they were my own children and if it wasn't for the terrible family crisis interrupting my life then they wouldn't have lost theirs. I do plan to breed again but it will be a while, maybe next summer or spring. Thanks for reading and I'm sorry to the members that had wanted to buy fry from me for taking so long to let everyone know.
Alienchick017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #2 
repru04

I'm sorry to hear that.
repru04 is offline   Reply With Quote