Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-22-2012, 04:26 PM   #1 
Goldie2nd

Ok new fish habitat update

I talke to my mom and she said to buy the divider for the ten gallon tank and keep two male bettas in there. I think in the long haul it will be much better for the fish and for myself. Hopefully this way they will be happier. I still haven't gotten the fish but I will at a local pet store. Hopefully they are much better than Walmart fishes. Though Neon is a walmart fish he's a trooper and he still got sick so. Anyways he's fine now and he shall b left in his 1 gallon he's happier that way the next ones will go to their separete 5 gallon half of the 10 gallon tank. I am right now still cycling the tank thankfully like a good fish mommy I am I have a spare filter machine that I'm using since the other one decided to take a break. Is good to have more thn one filter handy guys just a heads up.
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #2 
teeneythebetta

Thats awesome! :D
Be sure to keep the new boy in his own separate tank for at least 2 weeks to ensure he doesn't come down with any illness or diseases, or he could give it to neon!

A heater?

Good luck.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:31 PM   #3 
Goldie2nd

No Filter and yes I have a heater two of them actually they will each have on on eaither side of their tank side. But still cycling it and gnna get the divider and the fish on the same day hopefully soon.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #4 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldie2nd View Post
No Filter and yes I have a heater two of them actually they will each have on on eaither side of their tank side. But still cycling it and gnna get the divider and the fish on the same day hopefully soon.
You can't cycle a tank without a filter.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:20 PM   #5 
Goldie2nd

No I have a filter! I have two filters one that did not want to work and the one I change it to. What I meant was, is good to keep two filters at home. One in use and a spare just in case one desides not to work properly. Yes I;m cycling with the filter on sicne this afternoon or mornin really.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #6 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldie2nd View Post
No I have a filter! I have two filters one that did not want to work and the one I change it to. What I meant was, is good to keep two filters at home. One in use and a spare just in case one desides not to work properly. Yes I;m cycling with the filter on sicne this afternoon or mornin really.
Oh lol I see :)
Good luck! ;)
Post pics when you get your new boy ;D
Old 08-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #7 
Goldie2nd

Yeah will do when I get the divider and the actuall fish hehe. I can;t wait I'm so exited for this! betta's are the wy to go for me.