Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-24-2012, 10:16 AM   #41 
farmgirl598

They are gorgeous! What type of tanks are they going into after QT? A bit of IAL might help with the stress/possible fin issues. Being shipped, sold, and transported to new homes is stressful, I am sure! I felt sorry for mine when they arrived....having been in a bag, inside a dark box for 2-3 days during shipping. (And no telling HOW they were handled in transit!)
farmgirl598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #42 
Goldie2nd

Well I used AQ Salt for them. It has done wonders for my fish. The tank is a 10g divided tank that makes them be in a 5g each. I hate to say but I decided to go on the fish cyckle route and they are alredy in there new tank. It's what's easier for me. I know a lof of change for them at once I should have known a little better than to get the first stock but I could not help mysef. And I mean the will let me know what's wrong with them, the fish I mean. I've already got there personalities and stuff almost down. The pictures to my tank are in my profiel I'm tire of posting pics on here unless they are of the boys.
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:32 PM   #43 
farmgirl598

My tanks are virtually too small to cycle! LOL! I try to acclimate them slowly and carefully to a new environment, and they seem fine! Right now, I have 2 in their own 5 gallon tanks, 2 in their own 2.5 gallon tanks, and one in a 3.3 gallon tank. The ones in the 2.5 and 3.3 gallon tanks are just there temporarily. I have 2 new 5 gallon tanks to set up, and anotehr one on the way. NOW i need to find a PLACE for all of them! LOL
Old 08-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #44 
Goldie2nd

LOL I may get two 5 gallon or just another 10 gallon and devide dit up to get an extra Betta haha!
Old 08-24-2012, 01:02 PM   #45 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmgirl598 View Post
My tanks are virtually too small to cycle! LOL! I try to acclimate them slowly and carefully to a new environment, and they seem fine! Right now, I have 2 in their own 5 gallon tanks, 2 in their own 2.5 gallon tanks, and one in a 3.3 gallon tank. The ones in the 2.5 and 3.3 gallon tanks are just there temporarily. I have 2 new 5 gallon tanks to set up, and anotehr one on the way. NOW i need to find a PLACE for all of them! LOL
It takes no time to grow a betta family..lol..that is the hardest part, but somehow we all manage..lol..I have the same, 2 5 gals, and one 3gal, and One more 3 gal on the way..and not sure yet for my last girl, but prob another 3 she is stil growing her fins, and small..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:05 PM   #46 
Goldie2nd

Yes lelei it is hard to stop there like Pokemon gotta catch them al Pokemon! LOlL i saw someone say that and it stuck in my head cus it's true! I know I want another 10 g or 5 g to get a divider or two 3g the point is I want another extra fish! Oh i have a question I might as well ask it here. my CT is breathing hard and has some sort of black thing in his gills. My neon used to have it but he's much better now. :)
Old 08-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #47 
lelei

Wow..Farmgirl..those fishy's are sooo beautiful, love the colors on the Marble one, and the HM is got the same type of "salamander" coloing as our Sammy has..I love your 'freebie" what a pretty guy:)
Old 08-24-2012, 01:13 PM   #48 
lelei

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldie2nd View Post
Hey guys i got my two new fish Redcrown a little redcrown tail and Saphire beautiful blue splender they are so cute and tiny. Right now they are in there quarintine bowls at the moment cus I just got them and I'm cycling there tank. I will post pics of these new addition to the family soon.

I don't know if I mentioned this, but we have a Blue VT named Sapphire too!! He is the one in the Middle pic in my Avi
Old 08-24-2012, 01:15 PM   #49 
Goldie2nd

aww great! I know it just a good name for blue Betta's
Old 08-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #50 
farmgirl598

Could it be ammonia burn? My first thought off the top of my head is to do a partial water change. When did they go into their new tanks? If it was today, sometimes mine do that for a few hours after being introduced to a new environment.