Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #1 
TheCrabbyTabby

The Reading Thread

This thread is for book lovers, like me. I enjoy reading a lot. That tends to make me look somewhat like an introvert. I am currently reading the book "Evermore" by James Patterson. Its the last book of the Maximum Ride series, and so far, so good.

I am also reading the manga, "Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon", known in English as "Pretty Solider Sailor Moon". Its so beautiful and sad and romantic all at the same time. Its also a lot different than the anime.

I plan on reading the newest book by James Patterson (can you tell he's a favorite author of mine?) called "Zoo". From the description, I can tell its about animals coordinating attacks on people all over the world. It sounds riveting!

Anyways, Its time for you to talk now. What books do you like and why?
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #2 
thekinetic

A lot of authors.....

I'm on book six of The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan, book three of The Belgarion by David Eddings, book two of Harry Potter by JK Rowling, book two of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, A Game of Thrones by George RR Martin, The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumass, and various Conan the Barbarian books.

Not to mention I've read dang near anything I can get my hands on by JRR Tolkien and Edgar Allen Poe.

I've tried to get into manga, but even the manga version of my favorite anime (Mushi-shi) couldn't get me into it.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:56 PM   #3 
Aus

I've been reading a lot lately, some new things, some old favourites.. like Tolkien! The Silmarillion's my 'bed time book' at the moment. =)

I'm avoiding the GoT books, as I'm watching the series and don't want spoilers..

My author-of-the-moment is Tad Williams and I'm amid the Otherland series. Great story. I also read a collection of his short fiction, which was pretty darned good.

Lots of poetry! I found my book of Lorca poems. Oh, Federico! I love him so. And I have been checking out a pile of Australian poets on the net.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:20 AM   #4 
BettaHeart

I am an introvert and proud of it lol ... a favorite for me would be the Earth;s Children book series, Im waiting to hear if The Land of Painted Caves is returned at the local library.
Poppy Z Brite, Stephen King, Anne Rice, Sharon Shinn, and afew others i cant remember at this moment are my favorite authors.

Its been some time since i could really sit long enough for a whole chapter lol but i love reading, National Geo. Mags are abundant on our shelves mixed in with a wonderful little series about cats my oldest was reading called "Warriors" by Erin Hunter. I read alot of Star Trek novels when i was young, it caused me to be singled out as the freak in school and in my family. Paranormal, ufo's, mysterious creatures, and anything in those untouched regoins of the library avoided by everyone else are my usual taste lol. I do read some books such as "The Girl with the White Flag" "Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes" I know there are several others but lol i just cant remember them right now.
I can think thats all for now lol but hearing what you guys read i think i will make note and see what misadventures these books have lol
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #5 
LittleWatty

I haven't actually sat down with a book in ages, but I did used to do a lot of reading a few years back. I have recently picked up A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. Love the TV series, and now I want to read the books, so its happening :D
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #6 
Jupiter

Unfortunately, I've lost my interesting in reading along with other things...

I'm trying to pick it back up, but progress is pretty slow. Atm I'm sloooowly reading 'Daughters Who Walk this Path', alhough the book itself is very good.

As for manga, I'm juggling a lot of them depending on when they're udated with translations.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #7 
nel3

im reading a few manga and novels. Haruhi novels, Spice and Wolf novels and rosario+vampire manga to name the big ones. japanese books aside its alot of supernatural horror/thriller ie Dean Koontz, Hunger Games, Harry Potter series. im a sucker for mythical type books ie fictional Atlantis novels. in the past few years im into those war experience books. such include author's personal accounts, Long way home (Ishmael Bea) Hunting Evil (regarding criminal hunts after ww2) and any stories holding info on groups/societies that are secretive ie cults.

i used to be a big reader but technology has made it harder for me to solely focus on a single task. its a common outcome of multitasking technology. i was able to sit down and read a book for 2-3 hours easy. thats very hard for me to do in the past few years and recently. i could read a large 400-500 page book within 2 days in the past but not anymore. back in high school i was able to use 80% of my free time to read books and nothing else.

Last edited by nel3; 08-25-2012 at 09:02 AM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote