Betta Fish Forum banner

My Baby Betta Bit

968 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Goldie2nd 
#1 ·
So a little more than two weeks ago I went to Petco and impulsively bought a Baby Betta. I thought my fiance would be angry, since last time I brought a new animal home without telling him he said he was taking any new animals directly back to the shelter they came from, but this whole thing has turned into an adventure and we have found a shared loved for aquariums. We already have bought a gigantic tank for Bit (20g) and we are cycling it before we put him in. ^^

Anyhow, her are some pics of Bit!
The first day he was here:

I got him because he was completely white. I had never owned a white Betta and I found his color interesting. I thought he was going to be a pastel or something since the other Babies in Petco already had their colors starting to show.

But apparently I was wrong since a couple of days later he started getting spots... and turning orangy/peachy/pink. But about a week after getting here he slowly started turning a bluish color you could only see when the light hit him in the right direction.

So this is him about 3 days ago:

He still looks quite white with peach/yellowish and blue spots, but once the light hits him in that special angle you see his glimmering blues.

So does anyone know what color we will end up being?
I told my fiance I though he was a Delta tail betta, is that right?

See less See more
#4 ·
How adorable!!! I just love little baby fish!!
How Bit have a little white dot underneath him by his ventral fins? Looks more like a female to me. But what do I know about baby bettas?

#5 ·
Aw... Cute. :3 Young males tend to have a fake eggspot to confuse other males that they're females. You just have to wait and see! I'm so lucky there aren't any baby Bettas in my Petsmarts. :D

#8 ·
My female betta, ironically names Bubbles, made a bubble nest. Or more like a clump of eggs on one side of the tank. And she still occasionally makes a couple bubbles. Males will make them more, of course.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.