Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-24-2012, 06:40 AM   #1 
MissChris

Unhappy HELP?! my beloved betta is sick :( lost on what to do!

Hi fellow betta lovers, i am desperate and need some help

I have a gorgeous betta named Lava.. he was bright red and very lively until tonight.
Found him sunken on the floor and leaning a bit to one side of his aquarium and pretty much lifeless and his gills barely going.. He's also faded a little bit and I have no clue what is wrong
His little side fins see to move occassionally but the rest of him is just limp.. His eyes seem clear and I can't see any fungus or anything obviously wrong except his slight discoloration

He is my first betta and have had him for close to 8 months. He was originally in a fish bowl and 3 weeks ago I got him into a proper fish tank complete with filter, heater and have put in the usual stuff i used in his bowl - ie water conditioner/water ager.

I have now removed him from the fish tank and back into his bowl to isolate any other thing that might be the trigger to his unwellness

It is now 9pm where I am and no pet shop is open for me to get answers and help and was hoping I can get some advice tonight on what to do till I can go in the morning..

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give me. Cheers
MissChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:48 AM   #2 
Kim

Have you cycled your new tank? What size is it, and what are the current water parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate)? Also, what is your current water change schedule?

It sounds like it could be ammonia or nitrite poisoning to me, but without knowing the current water parameters I can't say for sure. What I would certainly recommend though, is that if there is some issue with the tank water and he must stay in the bowl, you float it in the heated tank so that he stays in a warm environment- being cold will certainly exacerbate any illness.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:56 AM   #3 
Goldie2nd

Wow I need a test Kit I had one but my mother so kindly threw it away.
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote