Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #1 
Goldie2nd

Unhappy he Unthincleble happened

My Divider not strong enough or well i did not put it up properly and they got into fighting Saphire lost some finage I'm so pissed at myself. But thankfully they are alive. How does one cure bitten off finage? Will it grow back? I feel soo stpid and to think I made sure it was done proeprly now I added more plants blocking there way I feel like a horrible parent! I actually am crying I fele so bad.
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:48 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

Did you make that divider? The store ones are really a piece of crap. Fins grow back, clean water. Don't panic. Come on, you can't cry because of this! They just had a little tussle. No need to cry.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #3 
Goldie2nd

Ok thanks but Yeah I bought it I don't have the tools to make one. If anything I'll I don;t know. "Crying" I feel aweful i did heavily plantid it just now and added lots more gavle to sustain it. I hope this works out. Yes wtare changes will do.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:52 PM   #4 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Oh no I am sorry Goldie but yes I am sure it will grow back, I think most people or I have read on here just clean warm water is all thats needed. Hang in there and wait for others to answer and you just made a mistake its okay everyone does, are you sure one of them did no jump over the divider ? Dont be so hard on yourself okay, Saphire will be okay and it could have been worse.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #5 
Goldie2nd

Thanks and no they could not have jumpped over it;s too hi, I checked. I have to keep a closer eyes on them they might not be able to co exit together in the same tank what to do! I need to keep the Ct by itself Arg I feel like I'm a horrible Betta mother.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #6 
tpocicat

The fins will grow back. All that's needed is plenty of clean, warm water and of course time. Do you have another container for one of the bettas if your divider doesn't work?
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:37 PM   #7 
Laki

http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/d...ividers-21866/

Make a divider. Mine is sturdy as heck, just put the divider part on all 4 sides which means you'll have to cut the mesh down more.

No more salt. His fins will grow back clear in fresh, clean, warm water.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #8 
Goldie2nd

ok so no more salt will do then I think is for the best too. actually I ptu them both in there bowls gonna keep them there too I think is for everyones bets interest.