Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #1 
Aahnay

fish getting vibrated from the air conditioner o.O

1. Just realized the 4 new babies in qt, were getting vibrated from the air condioner, touching the same counter they are housed on just yet. I tried to move the conditioner a bit and it helped, but I still saw a faint tremor in the water.

They were like that most of the day yesterday before I saw and finally just turned off the air.

Will that hurt them?

2. ok and one more question. How exactly do you change the water in the 1 gallons? I mean the temp and all? How do you control it?

I have them all in 1 gal or less, .5 gal, in a tub with the heater. there isnt room in the tub to climate the new water? I can put the ones in the 1 gal, in a cup and float in the tub water and then float in their water after letting it sit for an hour or so, but what about the .5 gals?

3. I lied one more, the wmart girls a really really skinny, I fed them 2 betta bio gold in the early afternoon and one a few hours later and 2 at night, 2 this am.

How many can they have? can i feed them like one every 30 minutes? or hour? or just 2 am. , afternoon, and pm? I have frozen shrimp too. I havent fed any yet. And I hesitate, cause the fish are small and shrimp that I pull off seem big, even when torn apart. And for the life of me, I cant get anything but water with the baster!!!! well last night i managed a cat hair.

Ok thanks all very much.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #2 
shellieca
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aahnay View Post
1. Just realized the 4 new babies in qt, were getting vibrated from the air condioner, touching the same counter they are housed on just yet. I tried to move the conditioner a bit and it helped, but I still saw a faint tremor in the water.

They were like that most of the day yesterday before I saw and finally just turned off the air.

Will that hurt them?

2. ok and one more question. How exactly do you change the water in the 1 gallons? I mean the temp and all? How do you control it?

I have them all in 1 gal or less, .5 gal, in a tub with the heater. there isnt room in the tub to climate the new water? I can put the ones in the 1 gal, in a cup and float in the tub water and then float in their water after letting it sit for an hour or so, but what about the .5 gals?

3. I lied one more, the wmart girls a really really skinny, I fed them 2 betta bio gold in the early afternoon and one a few hours later and 2 at night, 2 this am.

How many can they have? can i feed them like one every 30 minutes? or hour? or just 2 am. , afternoon, and pm? I have frozen shrimp too. I havent fed any yet. And I hesitate, cause the fish are small and shrimp that I pull off seem big, even when torn apart. And for the life of me, I cant get anything but water with the baster!!!! well last night i managed a cat hair.

Ok thanks all very much.
You can temp match by feel. As for feeding, 2 pellets twice a day is plenty. Please get your Bettas into at least 5g tanks they deserve to have room to swim.

Last edited by shellieca; 08-24-2012 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Oh I use a spoon to scoop the brine shrimp once it's unfrozen.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #3 
Aahnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellieca View Post
You can temp match by feel. As for feeding, 2 pellets twice a day is plenty. Please get your Bettas into at least 5g tanks they deserve to have room to swim.
Ok and thanks, they are all in qt for a few days, then the girls will go to one 10 gal, and boy to another 10.

I need to turn my air on, supposed to be 100 today.. but i doubt it will get there at 3pm I am still fine with feet in cold water and just the fan on.

Last edited by Aahnay; 08-24-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:52 PM   #4 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellieca View Post
its a QUARANTINE tank, which is a temporary tank.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #5 
tpocicat

Do you have a spare heater and a storage tub? I put jars in the tub, add water in the jars and the tub, turn on the heater, and the water in the jars are kept warm that way. It's a good solution until they are ready to go into their new homes.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #6 
shellieca
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
its a QUARANTINE tank, which is a temporary tank.
Sorry didn't see the word QT in the original post.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #7 
Thomasdog

Yeah... I've missed the QT too in some posts. Don't feel bad! :)
My two new girls are in QTs right now, and I'm totally freaking out!!!
If you have a meat thermometer, or something that measures temp, that's what I use, on 'scan'. It gives me a pretty accurate measure on the water temp.
Thomasdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:06 AM   #8 
Aahnay

yes, yes, I have them in a tub and heater, im just afraid when adding new water that its too cold or too hot... and no room in the tub to put the new water so it can get to right temp. LOL.

Ive been fighting the temp in the tub yesterday and today and all last night, every time i rolled over I got up and checked it with a flash light, it was only at 77 maybe and I had the heater up pretty high, and the light was on.

Today I cranked the heater to as high as it would go.. and when it finally hit 80 I turned it down, now I think it may be stable at 78, I hope ...

Cant I feed those babies more? those two from wmart are so skinny.. I mean really thin, they are swimming etc, but still.. I want them healthy when all the girls go in the tank and ... become aquainted.. and the one that was shipped seem shorter, but fatter by far. lol.

thanks again. i have a spare thermometer someplace I could test the h20 temp before using it, but i cant find it, lol. I guess will go to walmart again tom, but ... I dont want to, if i see the sibling sisters of the ones I have are still alive, I might have to buy them.

Last edited by Aahnay; 08-25-2012 at 01:09 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #9 
Pogthefish

Expect one or 2 of the walmart girls to die off, walmart has TERRIBLE fish, and many have compromised immune systems and underlying conditions.
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #10 
Aahnay

hmm, my walmart gets their fish from a seattle breeder, dont know who though.