Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #1 
DragonFish

Photoshoot: Bruce Banner, Birthday Fish #1

So for those of you who didn't come across my little thread in the Betta Chat section as a little treat for my birthday this year I went and picked up three new boys.....which I named after my three favorite Avengers; Bruce Banner, Tony Stark, and Steve Rogers.
Yes. I really am that much of a dork. xD

Anywho....
So Bruce was actually a bot I had spotted last week when I went in to get lizard-noms, but ended up passing him(along with a couple of others)up for my red VT Arthur. Of course the first thing I did when I went in yesterday was look for any of the boys I left behind....and there he was, the poor little stressed skinny thing all clamped and pale in that terrible blue water.
So he was the first one I snatched from the shelf. ;)

Hes so tiny(though thats a norm with the PKs at my Petsmart....they can't be hardly older then 4 months)and was so stressed in his little cup, I expected him to be incredibly shy and skittish, I didn't even expect to hardly see him or that he would even eat for the first couple of days....
But this little guy is so full of surprises it seems, lol. He is a tad on the shy side, and will startle if I move too suddenly, but over all is a curious and attentive little guy who seems to really love his new home, gobbles down anything I offer him like a champ, and has such an interesting color and surprisingly nice little spread going when he flares. I can't wait to see how he grows ;)

So without further dely....the pictures!!

The camera makes him look a little more blue then he really is in person.....its actually quite purple, a color I've never seen in a betta in person.
Also, though he wasn't too overly fond of the camera(more of a 'Not sure if I should go investigate or hide' sort of thing xD)he proved to be a little more photogenic then my other two new guys, which surprised me quite a bit, lol.
Oh, and last little story.....I made him that little craft mesh tunnel right after I added him to the tank and he went and hid behind the filter....the plants in his section didn't come close to reaching the top, so I thought I'd give him a little something extra to hide in. He absolutely ADORES his little tunnel, which I have affectionately named his 'Laboratory' xD

Haha, okay, I'm done with my rambling. xD Enjoy the pictures!!
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:40 PM   #2 
lelei

Aww..he is small..but adorable:) HMPK? love his coloring.
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:50 PM   #3 
megaredize

omg hes soooo adorable and i love his shade of blue
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:58 PM   #4 
DragonFish

Thank you!! :3
A very young HMPK I believe, yes. He doesn't quite hit the 180 when he flares, but hes so small and young I expect he will eventually as he grows. ;)
Old 08-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #5 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

He is a beauty !
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:54 PM   #6 
DragonFish

Thank you! ^-^
Old 08-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #7 
KcSaf

wow hes really pretty!
KcSaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #8 
Laki

My goodness. Just look at him. He looks so amazing, his colors are just bouncing.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #9 
DragonFish

Haha, thank you!! I'm quite impressed with his colors as well. Its kind of a hit-or-miss with my Petsmart here. They keep their water SO blue its hard for even me to pick out colors, and their general stock is fairly standard.....but I've gotten lucky found a few gems there, like this guy. ;)
Old 08-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #10 
DragonFish

So I got the mirror out and was able to snap a few shots of Bruce while he was having some flare time today. I just love his little face xD <3