Many people on the forum are on the lookout for products that are reccomended by us betta keepers. I think this thread would be a good way to share our opinions on different products and what we reccomend. Feel free to post below the products you reccomend, if possible put it in the format shown below (name, link, pros, cons). Here are some of my favorites. What are yours?
1. ViaAqua 50-Watt Quartz Glass Submersible Heater with Built-In Thermostat http://www.amazon.com/ViaAqua-50-Watt-Submersible-Built-In-Thermostat/dp/B005440HLO
: Cheap price, works great, adjustable & thermostat feature keep tank at desired temperature.
: Makes a quiet clicking sound when turning on/off, made of glass and therefore must be handled with care.
2. AquaCulture 10 gallon aquarium starter kit http://www.walmart.com/ip/Aquaculture-Starter-Kit-10-Home-Aquarium-1-ct/10312734
: In store price of $30- afforable, includes tank, filter, hood with light.
: Filter might need baffled & intake should be blocked to prevent injury to betta.
3. Aqua Culture Regular Gravel Vacuum Cleaner http://www.walmart.com/ip/Aqua-Culture-Gravel-Regular-Vacuum-Cleaner/13424303
: Easy to use once you get the hang of it, does not require using your mouth like some siphons do.
: May be too small for some tanks. (I use it in a 10 gallon tank, it will work for smaller tanks as well)
4. New Life spectrum betta fish pellets http://www.amazon.com/New-Life-Spect.../dp/B0038JTL1Y
(also available at petco)
: Healthy ingredients label- first ingredients are meat/protein source, good size for bettas, easy to portion out since they are equally sized pellets.
: A little bit smelly.
5. API Freshwater master liquid test kit http://www.amazon.com/API-FRESHWATER.../dp/B000255NCI
: Accurate results since it is a liquid test kit
: Takes longer to test than using test strips