Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-24-2012, 08:10 PM   #21 
prodrumernate

go to the link i posted.scroll down a little until u find dropsy..read the info in it..they also have a picture.but the symptoms u named and looking at the picture.thats dropsy..but since u can see her better..check out the link and the info on it..

http://www.bettatalk.com/betta_diseases.htm
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #22 
stoof

Poor fishy :'[
stoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #23 
prodrumernate

it doesnt look to severe..and i dont want to say it is 100% sure dropsy..i know little about it and the link i posted is the only way i know.ekkk hope im not the bad news bearer..
Old 08-24-2012, 08:13 PM   #24 
teeneythebetta

Wow thats defenitely dropsy :(

Dropsy
•Symptoms: Your betta will have a bloated belly and raised scales. They will look like a pine cone. This is usually a fatal disease caused by an internal bacterial infection resulting in internal organ failure but many have had success bringing fish back when treated quickly.
Early Symptoms: Swollen eyes (important), Gray belly (important), Clamped fins, Lethargy. If your fish has swollen eyes and a gray belly, I suggest that you treat it for Dropsy.
•Treatment: If you spot the early signs of Dropsy then treat him/her with ES at 1-2tsp/gal and Jungle’s Anti-Parasite pellets while performing 100% daily water changes. It helps to increase the temperature to 84*F. If he/she has begun Pineconning then do the full course as described below:
Performing daily 100% water changes. Increase the temperature to 84*F. Add 1-2 tsp/gal Epsom Salt. Use API General Cure OR API Erythromycin OR Maracyn II and/or Maracyn for best results. Feed something containing Metronidazole, for example, Jungle’s Anti-Parasite pellets. If caught early, Dropsy is curable.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:15 PM   #25 
prodrumernate

:( im the bad news bearer....
thank you teeneythebetta for confirming it unfortunately :(
id say its in the early stages and there is still hope...
Old 08-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #26 
stoof

*sigh*

Well I'm going to continue the 100% daily water changes and up the temperature.

I've never fed her live food which generally seems to be the main root of dropsy.

She definitely isn't as big as the betta in the link prodrumernate posted but she does have the bloated belly and is pretty lethargic.

No swollen eyes or grey patches though.

I'll keep researching other things I can do that might help. Seems a bit hopeless though :[
Old 08-24-2012, 08:19 PM   #27 
LebronTheBetta

That's definitely Dropsy. :( Being bloated and gray belly are the early signs. This is the later course of internal breakdown. (AKA Dropsy) :(
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #28 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodrumernate View Post
:( im the bad news bearer....
thank you teeneythebetta for confirming it unfortunately :(
id say its in the early stages and there is still hope...
Im not trying to burst anyone's bubble, but pertruding scales is the late signs of dropsy. Im so sorry to the OP. As LTB mentioned, you may want to consider euthanizing, but that is your decision.
If you would like to euthanize, let me know and i can tell you how to do it without causing her any pain; humanely.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #29 
stoof

I'm going to mull things over and decide what I want do. I really appreciate all of the help you guys have given me.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #30 
prodrumernate

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Im not trying to burst anyone's bubble, but pertruding scales is the late signs of dropsy. Im so sorry to the OP. As LTB mentioned, you may want to consider euthanizing, but that is your decision.
If you would like to euthanize, let me know and i can tell you how to do it without causing her any pain; humanely.
i know and i hope i didnt sound rude or anything.i just meant u confirmed my suspicions because i wasnt 100% sure myself.but with a second opinion confirmed it even though its unfortunate but atleast now we know what it is. i feel bad i was the first to say it is dropsy.

u,LTB and i are saying it is.now its down to getting it taken care of.to me it seems to be the early stages which she has more of a chance to recover and thats what im hoping for.