Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-23-2012, 10:11 PM   #1 
DragonFish

The Birthday Fish~

Huzzah for Birthdays!
Here you are, have a little of my cake everyone~ ;D

Lol, anywho....
I thought about just posting this in the Pictures section....but with my limited time, I figured this would be far more words then pictures xD Haha.

So after a nice and peaceful day spent with just me, my fishy boys, and my lizard baby girl doing various lazy activities and my weekly water changes, dad was kind enough to fulfill my one birthday request and took me shopping for a new fish and any other little pet-things things I might want/need.
Well I came home with three new boys.
Yeeeeeeeah

I had three spots left, so I thought 'Why not?'. Thankfully my dad is so used to me and my fish he doesn't even bat an eye xD Haha, I love him <3
Honestly, I don't think I've ever brought home this many boys at once before....it was kind of a little chaotic getting everyone set up, but perhaps thats just because I had to actually fill and arrange my two Kritter Keepers for two of the boys xD; Haha.

These three fish have been deemed Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, and Bruce Banner.
BecauseI'manavergersgeekdon'tjudge >.> <.<

Tony is a red dragon Delta, who surprised me actually with this strange bit of teal iridescence he has going on(that darn blue water ):

On one eye, it also looks as if some of the dragon scaling has gone over part of it just a tiny bit. Hard to say if this has effected his vision or not yet, but I don't think so.
Hes quite the interesting little fish....chill, yet curious, but not overly so of either. Though hes calmly exploring every corner of his new home thoroughly at the moment, in his cup he was extremely interested in everything I was doing as I got things together. Hes quite funny xD

Steve is a Cambodian Delta with some blue/teal iridescence. I really liked how he was a pale whitish and red and then a blueish and red when he turned a little:

Hes quite the spunky little thing, very zippy and all over the place xD VERY curious, very interested and into EVERYTHING.
He has a tad bit of fin damage, looks like some biting, so I'll keep an eye on him. Hopefully now that hes out of that little cup and in a proper warm, clean tank he'll heal and won't go back to noming on himself ;P

And Tony and Steves current setups....just cause:

No pictures of Bruce sadly, but he is a blue/purple dragon PK boy. I actually passed him up last week when I bought Arthur....and today when I went in he was sitting, pale as could be, stripped up, and fins clamped in that dirty blue cup of his. 8/ Poor thing, hes such a tiny little boy....I feel so bad for leaving him behind, but I brought him home today. <3 Hes very shy and skittish, and though he too is now starting to explore his own new home I don't want to stress and scare him with the camera right now. Very cute, sweet, tiny, shy, and purple xD.
Hes a tad on the skinny side, but nothing some bloodworms won't fix ;) Also, he sort of looks as if his gills are a tad swollen....poor thing, hurt by the ammonia build up in that horrible cup 8/
Hopefully I can get some pictures of him in the next few days!

Oh, and of course, I have to add a picture of my little Princess who was sweet enough to wake up in the middle of the day and grace me with her Presence xD

Lol, well thats about my day. I'm so tired from running around the past couple of hours getting my new boys accumulated that I'm ready to just go to bed. xD Haha, I hope you all had a fabulous day yourselves, enjoy the pictures and my random little story, and hopefolly over the weekend I can give you guys some official photoshoots and pickspam of everyone!
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:43 AM   #2 
ao
TFK Moderator

Im sorry Im late to your party.... but... HAPPY BIRtHDAY!
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:31 AM   #3 
Kelly0727

Happy late birthday! Beautiful boys you got. And that is one pretty princess you got there :) I'm really loving her eyes.
Kelly0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:43 AM   #4 
Laki

Happy Birthday!!
Holy crap those fish are nice!
So is the gecko ^-^
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #5 
Goldie2nd

Happy Birthday! and awesome B-Day gifts!
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #6 
DragonFish

Lol, thank you all!! xD <3 Haha, don't worry, I didn't even get to eat the cake last night anyway; thats been moved to tonight.

Bruce is a little more active and curious this morning, and thankfully seeming to have no problems eating like I expected him too with how stressed he seemed. Hes still stripped up, so I'm sort of wondering if hes just REALLY young...
And my goodness.....I think color-wise he really is the most interesting one I picked up. I'll have to go see if I can get a couple of shots of him....

Also, something interesting I noticed.....Tony and Steve are in full view of each other. Of course I'm standing by with my little piece of paper to break them up if necessary, but they're not....flaring at each other o.o. I don't think I've ever honestly had two boys in full view of one another that didn't flare like crazy at each other! I thought that maybe last night they were just too curious about their new homes to care, but this morning.....nothing. They even hang around the sides of their tanks around each other, but they just sort of.....swim around and look at each other.
Anyone else ever experience this....?
Old 08-24-2012, 10:11 AM   #7 
DragonFish

Darn, missed the editing limit....Oh well.
Heres a picture of Bruce:

Hes surprised me quite a bit, based on past experience I expected the pale little boy all clamped up in his blue Petsmart cup to be all kinds of shy and skittish for at least a few days, maybe even not eat for a couple days.....but hes eaten everything I've given him without any problems, and is actually proving to be quite friendly, even came right up to my finger when I wiggled it in front of his section. Hes still a tad skittish if I move too suddenly, but hes such a sweet little thing <3
Old 08-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #8 
Kelly0727

My two crown tail boys who I rescued from walmart was like that actually. I have them right next to each other, and for the first week or so they didn't flare at each other. The first time either one of them flared was when I was cleaning bubbles, my little girls tank. So she was in a cup in front of them.. sometimes I wonder if I never put her there if they would never have flared to this day.. hmm.

Bruce is really cute too :) I am loving his coloring too!
Kelly0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:09 PM   #9 
DragonFish

Really? Hmm....how interesting. I wonder how long Steve and Tony will remain peaceful like this....

Thank you! xD He really is an interesting little fish, so tiny and a bit skinny, but I got him to flare a little and he has a surprisingly nice spread(geez, hes just FULL of surprises xD). I'm very confident that he will grow into quite a lovely little HMPK ;)
Old 08-24-2012, 12:25 PM   #10 
Goldie2nd

Wow love ytour boys they are gorgeous. I put mine in there tank today with the divider but they are just exploring right now.
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote