Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #1 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Smile Spring water ?

Unless bottled spring water has ammonia in it my 5 gallon tank is cycled finally and I think has been for days but that tube always looked a little green to me but maybe I was not seeing it right cause I did the test using spring water and compared with the tank water and it matched perfect the same color as the spring water. So yeeeeaaa I am trilled to finally have a cycled tank after 3 months which during that time had a major power outage for over 28 hours and lost the BB, so starting over its been around and month and a half for it to cycle but I have a bio-wheel and I have heard they take longer to grow BB. I have 0 nitrite and 5.0 nitrate and now 0 ammonia .

I also took pictures with my iphone and the tube looked yellow on those which I took outside for better lighting...lol So anyway its a good day for sure for me and for Perseus who is a tough little guy and went though all those water changes with no problems or stress in fact he love water changes and may miss not getting them as often now.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:13 PM   #2 
megaredize

its probably yellow, i dont like the test kit i find it hard to match the colours. lol at least for the nitrate one, its like red and then red and then more red lol drives me nuts. i heard the older master test kits from API had a better chart to match the colours
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote