Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #1 
KcSaf

Pet Peeve

so i just came up with this idea where we all can share our greatest pet peeve(s.)

lets try to keep it non-betta related though because i know we ALL hate "its just a fish," "they like little bowls," etc.

one of mine is when you are walking behind someone who is going super slowly, and you cant get past them. it makes me want to:

Whats yours?
KcSaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #2 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by KcSaf View Post

one of mine is when you are walking behind someone who is going super slowly, and you cant get past them. it makes me want to:

Whats yours?
OMG that's me when I'm walking home from the bus stop! Lol.

Anyways, I have a couple (:
1. When people look at my dogs as if they were monsters, even though they're just big babies. (they're pit bulls <3) basically, stereotyping.
2. when people act like someone who loves their cat's are crazy cat ladies destined to a lonely animal hoarding life, but someone loving their dogs is normal. -_-
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:08 PM   #3 
KcSaf

the hallways at my school were always really thin, so it would happen almost every day :P
Old 08-24-2012, 10:14 PM   #4 
AngesRadieux

People who think that there's no technique to singing and you can just open your mouth and make a nice sound.

Also auto-tune. Hate auto-tune. A lot. If a singer's recording and doesn't want people to hear the mistakes, don't digitally remove the mistakes, sing the song again! And if you don't like the tone of your voice, don't use digital editing to fix it. Sing with better technique!

I just can't stand how dishonest music is. That's why I love classical music so much. It's much more honest.
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:16 PM   #5 
KcSaf

that makes sense. are you a singer?
Old 08-24-2012, 10:26 PM   #6 
AngesRadieux

Yup. So it drives me a little bit nuts when I hear about all these famous "singers" who don't do anything the right way and just fix it all on a computer when I've spent years working on learning proper technique and am still taking lessons and working towards improving. I mean. I'd never want to be a pop singer but hearing the way people rave about them rubs me the wrong way.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:33 PM   #7 
KcSaf

hehe silly thought that just popped into my mind: do you ever sing to your fish? i do, or at least, i probably do, i dont remember. i dont even sing tho!
Old 08-24-2012, 10:38 PM   #8 
AngesRadieux

Not to them, but certainly when they're nearby. My bettas are in my bedroom and I sing in my bedroom pretty frequently. I do sing to my cat a lot. If my dogs are anywhere near my when I'm trying to practice they howl. One of them gets started and then the others feel compelled to join in. There have been times where I ended up locking them in the yard for a while because they wouldn't get away from the piano while I was trying to practice and I just had enough.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:50 AM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

I sing in my bedroom, too. lol I used to do solos at church until the pastor's wife took over the music and decided she doesn't like me.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:08 PM   #10 
KcSaf

another one: when im reading really deeply into a book and someone comes in my room to talk to me :P