Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-27-2012, 09:51 PM   #21 
Pogthefish

I think it is a tumor. If you don't want him, I would be happy to take him. I take in bettas with special needs, I have one with cancer right now :) If his swimming gets so impaired you want to put him down, mail him (ALIVE) to me instead, and I will see if I can operate on the tumor. I have never operated on a betta, but I have done shrimp, and I have a pretty good Idea what I'm doing. He might not get that bad, but if he does, just let me know :)
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:57 PM   #22 
pyro fiend

he passed away early this morning pog :C
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:41 AM   #23 
Pogthefish

DX Oh noes! do you know what killed him? I think it was the strange lump. Also, I have been thinking and I believe it may have been a parasite. Have you fed any live foods lately?
Old 08-28-2012, 07:52 AM   #24 
pyro fiend

nope nope. only live foods at my lps are bambo shrimp, rodents and mealworms. hes been on 3 dif pellet types his whole life :\ 1 was aquaculture another as hikari [both realy realy tiny] and i dont remember the name of last one. but it was a med pellet. hes ate this food sence the day i got him.. but iv been thinking it was a parasite too.

is it pausible the person not changing his water for 2 months could have gave him kidney probs?

im not sure what happened ik my friend did indeed feed my other animals. as i had the exact amount of rats missing in my freezer as i should have, my snakes had just eaten and had lumps. my rats all had food n water and alot of there food was gone.. but idk on the bettas [tiny pelets so cant tell when like 1,000 of the 3mil are missing :\] but it dont look like they did many w/c's :c so im worried it harmed him in some way. as he he had been on a 3 wc a week and 3-4 feedings a week and then.. maybe 1 wc that whole month i was gone? and lork knows how little/much food :\

if he didnt pass i would have gladly taken care of him and done everything i could to make him happy even if that ment stressing him out nd making him enjoy a 2-5 gal tank =|
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:47 AM   #25 
Pogthefish

2 months?!?! ammonia poisoning! I'm surprised he didn't die the first month! D: That def. weakened him. I don't think that kidney probs would cause that big of a lump tho, will updats soon, in school