Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-05-2012, 06:57 AM   #11 
Pogthefish

Well it is at least better for them to die in clean water than a dirty petco cup. I also see fishh that are beautiful and much better than culls at petco. Not often, but often enough to buy some for cheap. Anyway, I guess we have different ideas here. It won't hurt the fish if I get it because Petco doesn't treat at all. They just let them die.
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #12 
Basement Bettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogthefish View Post
Well it is at least better for them to die in clean water than a dirty petco cup. I also see fishh that are beautiful and much better than culls at petco. Not often, but often enough to buy some for cheap. Anyway, I guess we have different ideas here. It won't hurt the fish if I get it because Petco doesn't treat at all. They just let them die.
That is true. Better to die in clean surroundings. If you want to do that fine. But EVERYTHING used with that fish must be super bleached. A 10:1 concentration for at least 2 hours or get some hospital strength lysol and do for 30 minutes. Rinse the lysol then beach with milder concentration for an hour.., then rinse, rinse and rinse some more. If you have live plants best to throw them away. You don't know what you may have gotten and it is best to not have any part of it around when you get another fish. A lot of stuff will linger and infect that healthy fish you might get down the road. No one thinks past today. You flush the fish and tear the tank down. Maybe some vinegar or salt and you think you are ok. Reality is you are not. If you are prepared to do this with every fish, comfort them in their last days then nuke the heck out of everything. But makes no sense to even go down that road without some decent meds as nothing is killed off by salt these days.. and the salt just messes with the osmoregulation of the fish when it can least deal with it. A really sick fish will die quicker with the salt. Good luck.. you are going to need it.
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:15 AM   #13 
Pogthefish

I wasn't planning on using any of the same stuff in the jars on my healthy fish anyway. Just plastic plants and jars tho rlly. I will def. bleach them before I use them again, thanks for the info. I still haven't seen any provable sick fish (seen bloat and mild swim bladder, but not like ifsh covered in fuzz or unable to swim down like I used to) so I haven't started yet.
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote