Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #31 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Rory is beautiful I love him and his pictures are so adorable ! His home is very lovely too I bet he loves it !!!!

Perseus also likes to sleep in his Hornwort.

Last edited by Perseusmom; 09-01-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:26 PM   #32 
twissfish

He has one of the most adorable betta faces I've ever seen. He must be so happy now that he found someone that loves and cares for him!
twissfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:53 PM   #33 
inuudo

What a cutie-pie!! And what a lovely home you've created for him, too. I'm really glad you posted an update.
inuudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #34 
Meggie6347

Thank you all so much! I really appreciate your comments!

Perseusmom: don't you just love it when they do that? It's pretty darn cute...

Twissfish: thank you so much! I knew I couldn't leave him after seeing that no one wanted him and that he was in the exact same place for several months. The lady that works there said "oh I know, he has been with us for a while...no one seems to want him" but now im glad that no one did because now he has a warm, heated, planted, clean, decent size home where he is love instead of being an object of decoration in a vase! I have a soft spot for kings...even my little sister said that they used to scare her(not literally, just because they are so big compared t her bettas), but after seeing the process of me rescuing three of them over time she told me "okay,anent betta I get I think I want to rescue a king, too! They are just so social! My bob is conceited and just flares at himself all day. He is the blonde of the fish world...but I still love him!"

Inuudo: thank you! I am glad you like it! Although I'm not such a huge fa of that glass mug sitting in there.......

Last edited by Meggie6347; 09-02-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Meggie6347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #35 
lelei

Wow..Meg, so glad to see how well he is doing, I am so happy for him, aand to see those beautiful colors coming out..What a beautiful boy..So glad he is improving, keep up the good work:) You got some really nice pix of him:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #36 
twissfish

Haha, the blonde of the fish world. :p Keep us updated with more pictures! I just can't believe he was there for months on end and survived. He's so pretty, too. Either way I'm glad you got him and not someone who would have shoved him in a vase.
twissfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:15 AM   #37 
Meggie6347

Hey everyone! Sorry, haven't updated in a LONG time! Rory is doing GREAT. I don't think my mom will let me take him to school, even though he is taking up kitchen space. I think she likes him too much He built his first bubblenest a few days ago, although I destroyed it yesterday when I was stealing plants from his tank for the new rescue. It was tiny, and not very well built, but it was there! *You'll figure it out, Rory!*

Thought it was about time for some pictures! In order to make up for the weeks I have missed, I am going to picture spam now Here is Rory at a little more than 4 weeks: Man, has he made a quick recovery!
(Just for a comparison, the first two pictures are him in the first few days).

Him today (and his home) today:

This is without the flash, so you can see his true colors:

Oh and please ignore the glass mug in there, I haven't been able to make a coconut cave quite yet.

He LOVES attention. He will follow you around wherever you walk and when my mom is in the kitchen, he is watching her. When anyone walks up to the tank, he will dart right out to them. He likes being fed by my finger (when I stick a piece of food on my finger and he has to eat it off) more than he likes me just dropping the food in.

The other day, my dad looked at him and said, "Wait, is that RORY? That CAN'T be the same fish!" Why yes, father...it is

Anyway, sorry for such a long update and the picture spam!
Meg
Meggie6347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:50 AM   #38 
a123andpoof

Wow! He looks great!
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:50 AM   #39 
laynisample

Awww! he's doing wonderfully! What a pretty guy. I've never seen King Bettas in any of my fish stores around me, but he really is quite cute.
laynisample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #40 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

He is so adorable congrats on the betta!
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote